PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with polishing advice

AfireINSIDE
12-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Ok just placed a good sized XMT line and wanted to know can I use meguires QD to lube the pad during polishing???? I want to use locally avail clay bars (clay magic) and the meguires QD. Or should I have ordered the xmt conditioner?

Surfer
12-19-2006, 03:48 PM
If your ordering XMT might as well grab com XMT conditioner, it's a great product. You can still use the Megs QD'er or any QD'er really (as long as it isn't a wax/seant spray type), the one that comes with the claybar package otc is excellent as a clay lubricant, it's what I use.

supercharged
12-26-2006, 06:05 AM
Ok just placed a good sized XMT line and wanted to know can I use meguires QD to lube the pad during polishing???? I want to use locally avail clay bars (clay magic) and the meguires QD. Or should I have ordered the xmt conditioner?
I personally prefer Mothers clay system over Meguiar's. Mothers clay is softer, and I just love Showtime. MMMMMM....cinnamon.

justin_murphy
12-26-2006, 10:51 AM
If you already have the Meg's QD, you can use it. It's perfectly fine.

ehuth1
12-26-2006, 01:09 PM
It's all preference the Mother's and MEG's are great systems. I use the MEGS because it was the only one in my area within my 5 mile shopping radius :) But the MEGS smooth surface kit did a wonderful job on a 2004 White Expedition. I was impressed with the removal and visuals after the claying was finished. I only have 2 white cars out of all my customers :( Oh and the kit comes with everything you need for somewhere in the neighborhood of $15-$17