PDA

View Full Version : I hate the winter...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

93fox
01-28-2011, 09:28 AM
I live in houston Texas... And the winter we get here is not compared to new york.... But i cant stand it!!! I really hate the winter.... I should move to florida...im sure there are alot of you that hate winter as well?

Setec Astronomy
01-28-2011, 09:33 AM
This is brutal up here...if we don't get a break soon I am seriously going to go mental...

Meghan
01-28-2011, 09:38 AM
I see Texas is getting a bit of a storm too next week.

SeaJay's
01-28-2011, 09:43 AM
This is brutal up here...if we don't get a break soon I am seriously going to go mental...

I'm already going mental! Every week we get hit with another storm. My gf and I decided to take a last minute vacation to get the hell out of here for a week.

93fox
01-28-2011, 09:43 AM

Buddy if i was in your situation id take a trip to the bahamas or cancun for the whole winter.

SeaJay's
01-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Buddy if i was in your situation id take a trip to the bahamas or cancun for the whole winter.

If I could afford to I would! But a week in St Maarten will ahve to do!

Setec Astronomy
01-28-2011, 09:54 AM
The last time we had it this bad was '95-'96. The snow is piled up so high at everybody's driveway and streetcorners that you can't see over it (at least if you're in a car), so it's getting dangerous. Not to mention many streets are narrowed down impeding traffic (and of course parking). And it's piled so high there's nowhere left to put it from your driveway and walkways.

I'm sure the guys in Vermont and Minnesota are just laughing at me but we don't usually get this much snow without some melting in between. Although in the colder climates I guess the snow may be more powdery; the foot we had yesterday was wet and heavy and was very difficult to move around.

SeaJay's
01-28-2011, 10:00 AM
It's really bad up here in MA. The snow banks are so high I'm having trouble seeing in my truck! I'm waiting to get clipped trying to pull out of a side street. In Boston, they have no where to put all the snow. They are piling it where ever they can. Which is causing even more problems for people with basements, cause as it melts it's causing flooding.

We got a foot yesterday as well and it was probably a mix of heavy and fluffy. Wasn't too bad. The first year I owned my house I went out and got a snow blower. I am damn glad I did, especially this year!

goathead
01-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Brutal here too. There's about 6" left showing of my 4' chainlink fence around my yard. We just got another 18" yesterday and I'm running out of places to put it.

Flash Gordon
01-28-2011, 12:09 PM
56 and Sunny here today. 65 tommorow. There is hope in sight :)

kdubski
01-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Snow blowing is becoming a daily chore LOL

killrflake
01-29-2011, 11:29 PM
This winter is going to go down as one of the worst ones we've had here in NJ. As I remember last year we had 4 major storms in the northeast also. What were they saying about global warming?:nomore:

dougaross
01-29-2011, 11:33 PM
This winter is going to go down as one of the worst ones we've had here in NJ. As I remember last year we had 4 major storms in the northeast also. What were they saying about global warming?:nomore:
They were saying that it intensified weather patterns

Setec Astronomy
01-29-2011, 11:39 PM
What were they saying about global warming?:nomore:

They were saying that global warming is causing these large snowstorms because the warmer air can hold more moisture, even though it's not enough warmer to be rain.

EDIT: Yeah, and what dougaross said, too.

FUNX650
01-30-2011, 12:18 AM
brutal here too. There's about 6" left showing of my 4' chainlink fence around my yard. We just got another 18" yesterday and i'm running out of places to put it.

Mine's not quite that deep......
Or as deep as they're in either.
Still, hurry up Spring!