PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Wheels

Big Ed5150
01-28-2011, 08:16 AM
Hello all...

Had a customer email me wanting to have the chrome wheels on his harley cleaned up..What product do some of you suggest for it. Also what to charge do you think as this is the first time someone has just asked me about wheels only. I'm thinking a harley is a great candidate for waterless/rinseless wash for the rest of the bike.

I appreciate the assistance on this everyone.

Thank you.

Flash Gordon
01-28-2011, 08:40 AM
From my expierence if someone only request that one certain thing be cleaned on their mode of transportation they are either:

A) Cheap

or

B) They have an issue that is so far gone, there is little if any help that can be offered that will please them

Having said this, I would have to know the condition of the wheels before offering any advice that is worth while. Another thing to ask...are these wheels chrome plated aluminum (polished) or Metal. Ask him if there is any rust on the surface. These questions here will help answer alot

Of course there is always option (C)...The guy is Mentally Ill/Kook

Big Ed5150
01-28-2011, 08:50 AM
lol...thank you flash, i'm shooting the guy an email today getting more info and requesting some photos too if possible. I will definitely get back on here about it once i get more info from him. I appreciate the help on this.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Flitz Poiish.

natewood70
01-28-2011, 09:53 AM
I am a HUGE fan of eagle one never dull....Just used it on some chrome wheels on an F-250 with some horribly caked on brake dust

Flash Gordon
01-28-2011, 09:59 AM
lol...thank you flash, i'm shooting the guy an email today getting more info and requesting some photos too if possible. I will definitely get back on here about it once i get more info from him. I appreciate the help on this.

Let me know what his reply is and I will try an assist you further

I would not give this guy a price without seeing them. Unless you can both agree on a pr hour basis

GL

Flash

sspudnick
01-28-2011, 09:59 AM
I really like Blue Magic (dont shoot me)...I've heard a lot of good things about flitz, but i've never tried it.

PAR Detailing
01-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Of course there is always option (C)...The guy is Mentally Ill/Kook

I had one of these call me just the other day. She was a kook and on top of that she wanted me to clean up her vomit... she got sick in her car. AND on top of that she was wanting a deal. Vomit isnt worth the amount of money she was willing to spend. Im not sure what price figure is worth it.

Flash Gordon
01-28-2011, 11:41 AM
I had one of these call me just the other day. She was a kook and on top of that she wanted me to clean up her vomit... she got sick in her car. AND on top of that she was wanting a deal. Vomit isnt worth the amount of money she was willing to spend. Im not sure what price figure is worth it.

Sorry to hear of yor misfortunate encounter. For some reason this business attracks the mentally ill...aka Kooks

Spicy McHaggis
01-28-2011, 11:48 AM
I get a couple vomit and/or blood calls a month. I never do them. I'm sorry, but there is no amount of money that would make me clean up someone else's vomit or blood.

PAR Detailing
01-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Sorry to hear of yor misfortunate encounter. For some reason this business attracks the mentally ill...aka Kooks

:laughing: Yes it does. I dont know why but the kooks come out of the woodwork alot

I get a couple vomit and/or blood calls a month. I never do them. I'm sorry, but there is no amount of money that would make me clean up someone else's vomit or blood.

Im right there with you! The price figure would have to be really high (really really high) before I would even consider doing it.