PDA

View Full Version : Underhood mat

Finemess
01-28-2011, 02:15 AM
The underhood mat on a GM truck. Seems a spray would be best. What product to use to dress? Washing with APC then dry with blower.

SeaJay's
01-28-2011, 08:41 AM
I have probably the same mat on my Avalanche. I usually just use some APC and a brush and scrub it good. I don't bother dressing it. Since it's a strange material I never even considered dressing it.

Flash Gordon
01-28-2011, 08:46 AM
While I don't necesarlly approve of it beause I believe its just covering up the problem. I have seen other members spray tire foam on their bonet mats. It seems to give good "visual" results. I couldn't help but imagine though the amount of dust this would attrack

Crazy Amos
01-28-2011, 09:20 AM
While I don't necesarlly approve of it beause I believe its just covering up the problem. I have seen other members spray tire foam on their bonet mats. It seems to give good "visual" results. I couldn't help but imagine though the amount of dust this would attrack

:iagree:

If anything, spray some APC and vac it with a wet/dry vac.

C. Charles Hahn
01-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Personally if I get one that is particularly bad looking and the owner wants show-quality results under the hood, I take it off and hit it with a couple coats of black vinyl and fabric paint/dye.

Porsche Pilot
01-28-2011, 02:09 PM
I apc mine if it's dirty and then use 303 on it. I find that 303 is a pretty good dust repellant. My pads are a smooth, somewhat shiny material so they look nice with a semi gloss finish. Now, the pads that are the fabric type will hold water for months so I try not to mess with them unless the customer specifically asks.