PDA

View Full Version : ability to search products by rating

rfinkle2
01-27-2011, 04:10 PM
first, let me say that I love Autogeek, and that this is only a suggestion...

I sometimes find myself wanting to browse the different product categories by "star ranking" i.e. highest to lowest rated.

I think it would be great to take a few of the most frequently asked product questions, like,

"what is your favorite" :
paste wax
polish
tire shine

etc., and organize them so that they can be browsed by highest to lowest rated.

Otherwise, thanks for great service and product selection.

Scott DeBrun
01-27-2011, 04:14 PM
I think you would find that what someone considers the "best" whether it's wax, polish,apc, etc is very subjective.

rfinkle2
01-27-2011, 04:21 PM
I think you would find that what someone considers the "best" whether it's wax, polish,apc, etc is very subjective.

i understand that, but a star ranking, with the number of people who ranked it would still be helpful.

i have a giant (almost embarrising collection) and understand the variablity of people's impressions of car care products.

BobbyG
01-27-2011, 04:38 PM
I don't necessarily think a star ranking is all that far fetched.

If we all tried a quality product and rated it fairly, I suspect the number of stars would prove pretty accurate. I do how ever feel that if something like this was instituted then this option would only be available to forum members that are logged in.

The most important aspect is to rate the product honestly and fairly.

I've see products rated elsewhere that make no sense at all. I've seen ratings and reviews over on Amazon.com where a product or item gets a single star because someone didn't like how long it took to arrive on the big brown truck and that is simply stupid.

Best is a subjective term because we all view things differently however judging it's true performance using specific rating criteria might just tell us something....

Or you could be like me and order one of each, then I'll be the judge......:dblthumb2: