PDA

View Full Version : Product Review: Duragloss Aquawax.

supercharged
12-19-2006, 05:09 AM
I haven't washed my car for about 18 days. I was sick, and then it was cold and raining.
Today I decided to do it anyway. I used 4* shampoo for washing in a bucket, presoaked a car with a foam gun and DP Xtreme foam formula.
4* shampoo is another nice product.It offers high lubricity, foams up like crazy. Kinda like Optimum car wash, with a different scent (banana).
Anyway, I used all white ShMiTT (my favorite for washing my own car, I use white/yellow for washing family cars). After washing I decided to try Duragloss Aquawax for QD. This product is awesome. Now I see what all the reves were all about. I love it. It is another mice QD that I'm going to purchase in a gallon refill later down the road (currently have Crystal Mist (less then 1/2 gallon left), Finish Kare 425 (3/4 of a gallon) and ClearKote Quikshine is being shipped (1 gallon. It was on sale+25% off gift certificate makes it a great deal!)).
Anyway, I sprayed the whole car, then dried it with a Guzzler. This makes a nice combo. I really love the sprayer. (FinishKare offers very fine sprayer, where QuikShine could use a finer spray, Crystal Mist is just perfect, Duragloss offers the same one a Crystal Mist).

I sprayed it on and wiped it right off. Very slick finish. I'm boosting my #16.

Back to the point - this is one of the best QD's Autogeek offers. If you haven't tried it - you sure are missing a good QD.

Black Bart
12-19-2006, 05:30 AM
I think that AW can not be beat. I love it and it is more durable than other brand QD
I don't think you can buy it by the gallon from AG
I buy mine by the gallon direct from DuraGloss but maybe if Max has enough request for it by the gallon he will start stocking it.
For a fast cleanup and awesome shine I mix 6oz FC&S with 2oz of AW shake and spray on wipe off just like any QD but with better results and long lasting.

supercharged
12-19-2006, 06:44 AM
they sell it by the gallon as well - http://autogeek.net/duragloss-aquawax--951.html

justin_murphy
12-19-2006, 06:50 AM
I too love Aqua Wax and FK425. Both are great LSP boosters but AW is a fine LSP by itself. I have to go with Killr on the Quick and Easy Shine from Duragloss. It's cleaners are awesome! I still have to try somemore of DP's QDs that I have recieved. I used Waterless Carwash last evening on my truck and was blown away!

ScottB
12-19-2006, 07:45 PM
I still would give Fk425 the nod for best qd'er+ for 2006. Next would be a tie between Quikshine and Duragloss 921. Crystal Mist still takes the lead specifically on most carnaubas only.

I did not find the Aquawax heartstopping as it streaks when used to heavily, it needs to be wiped off rather quickly, and the slickness is gone at first wash. It is sold as a booster or stand alone wax, but IMO is truly on a qd'er+.

I gotta admit I reminised when reading about the 4 Star wash, as I have not used it in about a year, and did so last weekend. Banana bliss, nice cleaning power, and very soft on sealants and waxes alike.

Truls
12-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Hello this is Truls` WIFE, please stop posting good reviews, he has NO money left.

Im afraid im getting something called "the guzzler" for Christmas (and that doesnt sound like a Diamond ring to me!!!!!)

WIFE

Truls
12-19-2006, 08:04 PM
OOOOOpppps

Im saying like maiden: "run to the hills" I think "666" just found my password.

:)

ScottB
12-19-2006, 08:08 PM
Hello this is Truls` WIFE, please stop posting good reviews, he has NO money left.

Im afraid im getting something called "the guzzler" for Christmas (and that doesnt sound like a Diamond ring to me!!!!!)

WIFE

Now that s**t is just plain to funny .... Id send her a Guzzler for free, but somehow I dont think she will see the humor in it !! :p

ltoman
12-19-2006, 08:17 PM
OOOOOpppps

Im saying like maiden: "run to the hills" I think "666" just found my password.

:)

clown! you know you put that up there as a joke!
lol

ltoman
12-19-2006, 08:19 PM
Now that s**t is just plain to funny .... Id send her a Guzzler for free, but somehow I dont think she will see the humor in it !! :p

Hey Scott,
You can send me the Guzzler. I won't mind a bit. And unlike a diamond, well, it can even be small!!!!
;)

dengood1
12-19-2006, 09:40 PM

:iagree: Actually chuckled when I read his, errrrr, her post:applause: Funny stuff right there:D

ltoman
12-21-2006, 11:11 PM
:iagree: Actually chuckled when I read his, errrrr, her post:applause: Funny stuff right there:D

That is Trul's way of getting Meghan to send him something free. Guess it didn't work.
Didn't work for me either with Scott.
I am putting the top back on
my car!!! lol hee hee:awesome: Im the MAN ;)