PDA

View Full Version : Now its 31 rv/trailers!!! Feeling overwhelmed here!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Bates Detailing
01-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Ok - I got a call last week to do exterior cleanings on 9 RVs for an RV show...... that then turned into 13 ...... then into 16. The weather was so bad here last night that I was asked to knock out the 16 again ------ then I was asked to do a total of 31 RVs!!! Wow!!! My biggest job yet - and it is kickin my butt! Took myself and another guy about 7 hours just to do rims and tires!!! Thats about 120 filthy tires and rims! Here are some pics of what I have to work on ----- :buffing::eek:

Flash Gordon
01-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Cool Deal :props:

Bates Detailing
01-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Cool Deal :props:

Maybe lol

03z71
01-26-2011, 11:01 PM
Wow looks good. That would keep a guy busy..

buddhadog
01-26-2011, 11:13 PM
Holly smokes ! Maybe you need to hire some helpers!:buffing::buffing::buffing:

Bates Detailing
01-26-2011, 11:16 PM
Holly smokes ! Maybe you need to hire some helpers!:buffing::buffing::buffing:

I've got 5 helping tomorrow - and 1 guy that details aircraft full time may come out and help me...... even with this crew I am a little bit worried here. Has to be done tomorrow in a 12 hour window!!!! I went and purchased some tools that will hopefully allow us to scoot through the Class A's a bit faster..... Toss some prayers out there for me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spicy McHaggis
01-26-2011, 11:21 PM
More power to you and I hope you succeed, but I personally would never take a job with those kinds of time constraints.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Bates Detailing
01-26-2011, 11:28 PM
More power to you and I hope you succeed, but I personally would never take a job with those kinds of time constraints.

Yeah - Does strain the heart muscles a bit, but I am happy as can be to be this busy in the winter time. I will do the same for this job as any other - my very best and push through it. :hungry:

slickooz
01-26-2011, 11:32 PM
Good luck! Where are all these RV kept? Looks like you be working indoors which a lot better in the wind.

Bates Detailing
01-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Good luck! Where are all these RV kept? Looks like you be working indoors which a lot better in the wind.

The show is in an enclosed arena.... which is much better than being outside (first 16 were outside :( ) Another great thing is that my products work much better over 45 degrees..... which means way less wiping than when they were outside........ still alot of real estate to cover.

Bates Detailing
01-26-2011, 11:46 PM

Because I am less than a year in business, I do my very best not to say no to any job - doing so has landed me a couple of great clients that send me quite a bit of work every month (first jobs were horrible!). Im trying to view this as one of those very tough stepping stones towards success. Hope it is worth it!

WestEnd
01-26-2011, 11:52 PM
I passed out just looking at your pics. :D

Nice rigs to work on in a great indoor environment. I think you will be glad you took this job... later. It could bring some nice referrals your way.

Be nice if they could drop a note on their brochures for you.

Bates Detailing
01-26-2011, 11:56 PM
I passed out just looking at your pics. :D

Nice rigs to work on in a great indoor environment. I think you will be glad you took this job... later. It could bring some nice referrals your way.

Be nice if they could drop a note on their brochures for you.

Yeah - I was totally thinking today that a small booth for the show would've been great. Would that be asking alot to ask them to toss my cards out or set them in the RVs.... curious what you guys would do in that situation?!?!?!?!

ShaunD
01-27-2011, 12:44 AM
You are a determined man. God has blessed your business but tested you with some big jobs. Godspeed!
With men it is impossible; but to God all things are possible.
Matthew 19:26
Remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you the
power to get wealth. Deuteronomy8:18

ShaunD
01-27-2011, 12:56 AM
I don't see why they would through you some free advertisement after all the work/service you have given them. Seems like the least they could do for you. Well, and pay you too.lol
Your cup truly runneth over with large work.
Get some sleep, and happy detailing.