PDA

View Full Version : Need to buy some tire gel.....Opinions please

Pages : [1] 2

Crazy Amos
01-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Should I get the DP on BOGO or the Pinnacle Onyx?

Is the Pinnacle that much better where it would be better to have one of it versus two of the DP?

Spicy McHaggis
01-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Get the dp gel on bogo. You can cut it 1:1 and spray it on. Works great and each gallon will make 2 gallons of spray. Great value on bogo.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

BobbyG
01-26-2011, 07:42 PM
I use these;

Pinnacle Black Onyx
Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel
DP Gloss Tire Gel
Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel

I've listed from 1 to 4 for level of glossiness.

All of these are superb performers with the "more glossy" going to Pinnacle and Wolfgang. Now this glossiness is not the wet shine you might be thinking of if you've ever used something like Meguiar's "Hot Wheels" tire spray.

While either the Pinnacle or Wolfgang are applied they do give off that wet appearance but as the product soaks into the rubber it tends to tone it down to a nice black satin finish. I apply all my tire treatments with a brush and a foam sponge.

DP Gloss Tire Gel goes on buttery smooth and dries to a deep dark rich blackness. It's has sort of a mint smell to it but goes away after it's dried.

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel is another good performer but it takes a couple of coats to get it looking good. This gives what I'd call the flattest finish although it does look quite good but not quite as rich as the three above.

Depending on the look take your pick! :props:

PBoy
01-26-2011, 07:44 PM
I use these;

Pinnacle Black Onyx
Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel
DP Gloss Tire Gel
Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel

I've listed from 1 to 4 for level of glossiness.

All of these are superb performers with the "more glossy" going to Pinnacle and Wolfgang. Now this glossiness is not the wet shine you might be thinking of if you've ever used something like Meguiar's "Hot Wheels" tire spray.

While either the Pinnacle or Wolfgang are applied they do give off that wet appearance but as the product soaks into the rubber it tends to tone it down to a nice black satin finish. I apply all my tire treatments with a brush and a foam sponge.

DP Gloss Tire Gel goes on buttery smooth and dries to a deep dark rich blackness. It's has sort of a mint smell to it but goes away after it's dried.

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel is another good performer but it takes a couple of coats to get it looking good. This gives what I'd call the flattest finish although it does look quite good but not quite as rich as the three above.

Depending on the look take your pick! :props:

Which is most durable?

BobbyG
01-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Which is most durable?

To tell you the truth they all last quite along time, at least a couple of weeks of normal use maybe even longer.

DP Gloss Tire Gel might be the candidate for the longest but not by much over the other 3.

Dr Oldz
01-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Personally I like the DP gel a lot!!! The DP is a 32oz bottle and Pinnacle is a 16 oz bottle. So 64oz on BOGO is a real value!!

PAR Detailing
01-26-2011, 09:30 PM
For the price DP can't be beat but my personal favorite is wolfgang. I like the tad more gloss it gives out. It's not ghetto shine by any means but more shiny

Perfections
01-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Opti-bond can be diluted 1:1 and still looks great :)

Rsurfer
01-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Opti-bond can be diluted 1:1 and still looks great :)
:iagree::props:

Grizzly
01-26-2011, 09:46 PM
Neither,

get something in bulk so that way it lasts the whole year if you washing your car every week and are only caring for a couple vehicles.

The Pinnacle gel is garbage BTW.

Shane731
01-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Both are great products, IMO. Obviously, the DP is a better deal plus it looks great - so easy to use and dries to the touch. Not quite as shiny as Black Onyx either, if you want a more toned down look. I'd probably go with the DP, just because it's a good deal, especially on BOGO. Obviously the look will vary based on the type of tire it is applied to, but here's a couple of pics just to give you kind of an idea:

DP tire gel
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/../gallery/data/500/medium/P8130372.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/21615/size/big/cat/ppuser/24886)

Pinnacle Black Onyx
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/../gallery/data/500/medium/P4230145.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/18567/size/big/cat/ppuser/24886)

Crazy Amos
01-26-2011, 10:08 PM
Thank you everyone for your help, I think I am going to go with the DP because I like a matte finish rather than glossy and its on BOGO.

Gotta pick out a couple more things and I think I will be set for this order.

Thanks again!

Crazy Amos
01-26-2011, 10:10 PM
The DP looks really good on those tires Shane. I love the tires with the reflective fins-they were on my first car and I think that is why I like them so much....dunno really though lol!

Spicy McHaggis
01-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Neither,

get something in bulk so that way it lasts the whole year if you washing your car every week and are only caring for a couple vehicles.

The Pinnacle gel is garbage BTW.
Since DP can be cut 1:1 and it's on BOGO now you could get 4 usable gallons for the price of one. How will that amount of tire shine not last a year?

Grizzly
01-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Since DP can be cut 1:1 and it's on BOGO now you could get 4 usable gallons for the price of one. How will that amount of tire shine not last a year?

I assumed the DP was in a 16oz bottle, like the Pinnacle is I believe.