PDA

View Full Version : Megs NXT

eng811ine
12-18-2006, 10:26 PM
ive been using nxt car wash for awhile now on my durango. only recently have i gotten seriously into dealing. now that i actually take the time to clean my truck, i notice that after a wash with nxt, the finish loses it's smoothness and i need to use some spray and gloss to bring it back. anyone else have this problem? im wondering if this soap is too harsh and actually removing some of my LSP.

quantim0
12-18-2006, 10:29 PM
It does. I just did a mini-review type thing. I hit it with some Crystal Mist and the shine popped right back. However, it would be easier to avoid this extra step. I wash my car every week, so this week I am going to try Meg's Gold Class which is supposed to be gentler.

Most people here love PB SS&S or the Pinnacle Bodywork.

Surfer
12-18-2006, 10:30 PM
It's a good cleaning soap, but fairly harsh, and b/c of that yes it's known to remove some of your lsp. I know after I used it slickness was basically gone. If your going to order a wash from AG, I highly recommend Duragloss wash or Poorboys SSS, both have great cleaning ability but are extremely slick and won't hurt your lsp, and they foam like crazy.

supercharged
12-19-2006, 03:07 AM
Gold class is a little gentlier, so is #62 and #00.
But all of the above don't have the slickness of Poorboy's SS&S. That's the shampoo you want to go with. (Haven't tried Duragloss yet, it's being shipped).
Get Poorboys, and you won't be dissapointed.

justin_murphy
12-19-2006, 06:46 AM
NXT is a great LSP. Their soap though is a little more tougher than most. NXT liquid will loose it's soft, just waxed feel pretty fast. Don't worry, the protection is still there. Meguiar's Gold Class Soap is a little more gentler on your finish.

I use NXT's Car Wash everyday in my business though. LSPs seem to hold up well to it. There are a ton of good carwash soaps at AutoGeek. I'd say the Poorboy's and Duragloss are 2 huge favorites.

supercharged
12-19-2006, 08:44 AM
NXT is a great LSP. Their soap though is a little more tougher than most. NXT liquid will loose it's soft, just waxed feel pretty fast. Don't worry, the protection is still there. Meguiar's Gold Class Soap is a little more gentler on your finish.

I use NXT's Car Wash everyday in my business though. LSPs seem to hold up well to it. There are a ton of good carwash soaps at AutoGeek. I'd say the Poorboy's and Duragloss are 2 huge favorites.
:iagree:
Poorboy's is one of the best. Duragloss is on it's way, being shipped.

eng811ine
12-19-2006, 09:21 PM
i think im gonna try duragloss next because of the reviews and price. dont get me wrong NXT is a great soap but after i spent all this time polishing my truck i dont wanna ruin the finish.