PDA

View Full Version : Black Wow - WOW is right!

Pages : 1 [2]

CEE DOG
01-27-2011, 06:47 AM
Those are all good products, but you left the absolute best product out...Refinish Restore...which is something AG really needs to start carrying!
How would that hold up to gtechniq c4...

FUNX650
01-27-2011, 09:03 AM
How would that hold up to gtechniq c4...

gtechniq c4 supposedly forms a covalent bond with the plastic trim itself--covering the trim with a clear protective film. In other words, your previous grayed out plastic is transformed into a shiny grayed out plastic. IMO, sounds like it should be used before the trim starts turning gray!

Nick McKees37
01-27-2011, 12:16 PM
I will keep you guys updated on how well the Black Wow holds up. :props:

bodavenport
01-27-2011, 03:43 PM
I love the look of poor boys but it never fails, a hard rain and I have a line of product running from my door handles, hate that, I have tried using as little as I could and it still runs in the rain. When I run out I think I will try something else. It looks great though wish it would not run

builthatch
01-27-2011, 03:49 PM
thanks Nick.

durability is the key variable here. you can put bacon grease or belly button sweat on faded trim and it will look good...but for how long?

two products i have used with success and indefinite durability are black wow and a product AG doesn't carry called renu finish by MEDS products. these products both require an application or two for poorly maintained trim but as mentioned last indefinitely.

CEE DOG
01-27-2011, 03:59 PM
gtechniq c4 supposedly forms a covalent bond with the plastic trim itself--covering the trim with a clear protective film. In other words, your previous grayed out plastic is transformed into a shiny grayed out plastic. IMO, sounds like it should be used before the trim starts turning gray!

Actually the C4 will restore it and last

RaskyR1
01-27-2011, 04:07 PM

Opti-Coat seems to do the same, though I haven't tried it on any really faded trim yet.

FUNX650
01-27-2011, 04:14 PM

It is actually a good product--I never had it to "restore" any 'grayed' out plastic (especially gray cladding)--but I found that if I used it from the get go, (before the graying factor begins), on auto plastics (so many types--TPO, PP/TPO, PP/EPDM, etc.)--yes it did last.

master detailer
01-27-2011, 07:44 PM
wow is good but sheila shine the cats a--

Setec Astronomy
01-27-2011, 08:46 PM

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking...HUH? WHAT?

builthatch
01-27-2011, 08:51 PM

k

TLMitchell
01-27-2011, 10:50 PM
you can put bacon grease or belly button sweat on faded trim and it will look good...but for how long?

Send out some samples and Cee Dog will probably do a product review for you. :D

TL

Spicy McHaggis
01-27-2011, 11:04 PM
In the age of nano-coatings I'm sure that products like black wow are just going to fall by the way side. I know not everyone will use nano coatings, but IMO there are much better products out there.

Black wow looks good, but like people have mentioned it washes off very quickly. Also considering it's cost it just isn't a good investment in my book since another product like PB Trim restorer can be had at a fraction of the price. IMHO black wow is one of those products that gets alot of hype, and doesn't live up to it. It's fine if for a personal vehicle that you can apply it to every week, but if your vehicle goes several weeks between washes or isn't garage kept it overs little to no protection and the looks fade very quickly.

again that's just my personal opinion...not saying it's a fact.

builthatch
01-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Send out some samples and Cee Dog will probably do a product review for you. :D

TL

CEEDOG, what's that address again?

http://oi52.tinypic.com/23r47wk.jpg