PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean alcantara

jwellsii
01-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Does anybody know the best way to go about cleaning alcantara?

It's in a 1991 Nissan 300ZX.

Thanks for any help!!!!
Feed back please

rwright
01-26-2011, 03:29 PM
I really hate to mention this here because AG does not carry the brand, but Raceglaze has a specific Alcantra Leather Cleaner. Please pm me for more info.

fredcandetail
01-26-2011, 03:31 PM
mannnnnn I would try Megs APC! Hasnt let me down yet :P

john F
01-26-2011, 03:51 PM
I have been fine using a damp microfiber cloth in the past. I've never had an experience where that has failed me.

mg6045
01-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Leather master makes the alcantera foam cleaner. not sure why AG does not have it in stock, considering IIRC, they are now a main north american dist. for LM.

Luckily its readily available with a google search.

IMO, I would not mess around too much with trying and testing products on a delicate material like this... Get the correct product for the task, IMO and IME..

JCruiza120
01-26-2011, 04:05 PM
Care and maintenance of your Alcantara® materials (http://www.alcantara.com/en/experience/manutenzione/manutenzione.shtml)

Alcantara offers their own, simple, instructions right on their website for how to maintain their cloth.

matth9
01-26-2011, 04:24 PM
I've always used a Carpet/Upholstery cleaner with good results

ShaunD
01-26-2011, 07:07 PM
I have been fine using a damp microfiber cloth in the past. I've never had an experience where that has failed me.

Same here. I had an 05 STI, and the seats were mostly alcantara and I usually just used a warm, damp mf, sometimes a little soap, and the seats came clean. It's not a leather product so you don't have to worry about treating it as such. It is mostly polyester so it is very durable. You just have to test for colorfastness if you are going to use any chemicals to clean it.
I recently used some Lexol cleaner wipes on a nasty visor and it looked brand new when I was done. Since lexol is intended for cleaning leather is should be gentle on the color in the Alcantara.
"Blood, egg, excrement, urine: use cold water; avoid warm water because it makes these substances coagulate, rinse by dabbing with clean water."

Crazy Amos
01-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Same here. I had an 05 STI, and the seats were mostly alcantara and I usually just used a warm, damp mf, sometimes a little soap, and the seats came clean. It's not a leather product so you don't have to worry about treating it as such. It is mostly polyester so it is very durable. You just have to test for colorfastness if you are going to use any chemicals to clean it.
I recently used some Lexol cleaner wipes on a nasty visor and it looked brand new when I was done. Since lexol is intended for cleaning leather is should be gentle on the color in the Alcantara.

I agree.

Crazy Amos
01-26-2011, 07:13 PM
Also if it it just a "spot" you could try a pencil eraser. Compliments of Dan Yaworski-Megs rep I talked to-said it is very gentle.

I have yet to try it so if you do please let us know how it works......please.