PDA

View Full Version : Which works best?

chasm47
01-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Lake County Hydro-Tech or CCS pads. I am a newbie so would welcome all the help I can get.Feed back please

SeaJay's
01-26-2011, 01:07 PM
I haven't tried the Hyrdo-Tech pads. Currently I'm using the 5.5" CCS flat pads and I love them. They give you a good feel, absorb some vibration and work well combo'd with the right polish or compound.

I know a lot of people really love the Hydro-Tech's though and I think a lot prefer them over the CCS pads.

But I've never had an issue with CCS pads (except the 4" ones, they tend to fall apart faster than the 5.5" ones).

Spicy McHaggis
01-26-2011, 01:10 PM
I love the hydro techs and don't really care for the CCS pads. I either use hydro techs or just the regular flat LC pads. I don't find that the CCS offers anything that the flat pads don't and they tend to use more product since they absorb more.

I don't think you can say that the HT pads are the only pads you need in your arsenal, but they are very versatile.

jimmyjam
01-26-2011, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=SeaJay's;412183]I haven't tried the Hyrdo-Tech pads. Currently I'm using the 5.5" CCS flat pads and I love them. They give you a good feel, absorb some vibration and work well combo'd with the right polish or compound.
QUOTE]

:iagree:

I feel comfortable with them, because of their thickness I not scared to apply pressure and work an area.

BobbyG
01-26-2011, 01:33 PM
Lake County Hydro-Tech or CCS pads. I am a newbie so would welcome all the help I can get.Feed back please

:welcome: To Autogeek Online.

What type of machine are you using; Dual Action or Rotary?

If Dual Action which one do you have?