PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Car wax or Mequiars UQW?

RandyD
01-25-2011, 03:50 PM
I am asking which is better to use after washing my car weekly. I currently have a sealant on my car so I will be using a spray wax as weekly maintenance after washing. I understand that OCW has some carnauba in it when UQW is 100% synthetic.

Thanks

Shawn T.
01-25-2011, 04:14 PM
OCW was designed to work as a stand-alone where UQW was intended to be used as a booster.

I have not used OCW yet but in March I am going to be doing a battery of tests with a whole bunch of spray waxes: Pinnacle, Pinnacle XMT, Optimum, Meguiars, Duragloss, CroftgateUSA, Griots Garage, Wolfgang.

I can say that UQW is a very good product that adds significant protection IMO and gives a very slick finish.

Kurt_s
01-25-2011, 06:05 PM
I am asking which is better to use after washing my car weekly. I currently have a sealant on my car so I will be using a spray wax as weekly maintenance after washing. I understand that OCW has some carnauba in it when UQW is 100% synthetic.

Thanks

I have not used UQW but love OCW.

It's very durable, can be used as a standalone wax or as a booster, does not attract dust, makes silver metallic pop without significant darkening, and has some of the carnauba depth that I like.

That being said, only you can decide if you like one or the other.

CEE DOG
01-25-2011, 06:08 PM
love OCW... Haven't tried UQW yet... Going to try it this week though

BobbyG
01-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Optimum Car Wax is my choice.

builthatch
01-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Optimum Car Wax is my choice.

me too. it's SO easy to use and looks great. it's as easy to use as their QD @ 4:1.

pfix
01-25-2011, 06:30 PM
I have both and I like the Megs UQW, but my hands down favorite is the OCW.This is a product I have settled on and is on my list of Wow! products.

I also have DG Aqua Wax, again I like the AW but OCW is still my favorite.

Buy the OCW you will not be sorry!

01GreyStangGT
01-25-2011, 10:01 PM
I like UQW but I also like Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger