PDA

View Full Version : lines and creases in leather

weavers
01-25-2011, 11:24 AM
I sometimes see leather seats with lines and creases in the leather. Is that normal wear and tear? Is there a way to prevent this? Is there a way to restore these creases and bring the leather back to original condition. Same question for leather shoes.

Advice much appreciated.

rfinkle2
01-25-2011, 11:50 AM
i hate creases too! bump

Flash Gordon
01-25-2011, 12:33 PM
Thats normal wear-n-tear. Nothing can be done short of not using it

jonn127
01-25-2011, 01:05 PM
A lot of times I have found those creases to be filled with crud. If you get in there and give them a good cleaning it helps diminish the appearance of them in my opinion.

embolism
01-25-2011, 02:33 PM
put shoe trees in your shoes. Keeps their shape, absorbs moisture and oils and generally your shoes will last longer and look better...

the cheapies generally work just as good as the ones in the expensive stores...

hopefully you weren't just looking to make an analogy to describe your car seats or I'll feel dumb...

judyb
02-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Leather stretches naturally. Some panels if cut from the outer edges of the hide will stretch more than others. These creases are an inherent part of the leather and will not be rectified by the use of 'conditioners' etc.
It is vitally important to keep these areas clean and free from dirt and dust as they are more vulnerable to wear and abrassion. Using 'conditioners' could actually speed up any wear as they tend to attract more dirt as they only sit on the surface.
It is sensible to use a protector as this will help to keep them clean but would recommend a water based one rather than a solvent one which could affect the finish on the leather.

Hope this helps

Flash Gordon
02-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Leather stretches naturally. Some panels if cut from the outer edges of the hide will stretch more than others. These creases are an inherent part of the leather and will not be rectified by the use of 'conditioners' etc.
It is vitally important to keep these areas clean and free from dirt and dust as they are more vulnerable to wear and abrassion. Using 'conditioners' could actually speed up any wear as they tend to attract more dirt as they only sit on the surface.
It is sensible to use a protector as this will help to keep them clean but would recommend a water based one rather than a solvent one which could affect the finish on the leather.

Hope this helps

My Leather Care Idol ^ :urtheman: < Scratch, You are The Woman :righton:

trhland
02-08-2011, 12:49 PM
my lariet leather seats the driver one has these and i hate them . but nothing i can do about it i use the dam truck lol . i clean and treat and that s all i can do . im not about to releather 1 seat prob cost like a grand ouchhhhh