PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

Excessive Detail
12-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Wuz up guyz, here is a quick question, I want something for windows like rain-x, but I really don't like using that stuff, usually on my car I just put some klasse sg, works good for me, since klasse can be diluted and used in a spray bottle what do you guyz think of using on windows like rain-x and I know I can also use it as a wax booster, but is that the same as a spray wax? What do you guyz think. Also what mix ratio would you use?
Hope everyone has a good holiday.

ScottB
12-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Use Clearkote Quikshine ... nice, quick, with no streaking. Beads are usually more an indication of tension which means a clean glass should bead even without protection.

CalgaryDetail
12-18-2006, 07:30 PM
I use stoners ivisable glass, it works well at cleaning the windows. I have also found that it leaves a film on the windows that works much like rain-x, just not to the same extreme, i have had beading for weeks after using IG. Perhaps it might be what you are looking for, you get nice clean windows that repel water nicely.

Surfer
12-18-2006, 10:25 PM
Polish with some klasse AIO, will clean and leave an acrylic layer that will bead for months. I just redid my glass, done back in April, and it still beaded water right off. Then use whatever cleaner like IG you normally would.

tonyspop
12-19-2006, 01:02 AM
Wuz up guyz, here is a quick question, I want something for windows like rain-x, but I really don't like using that stuff, usually on my car I just put some klasse sg, works good for me, since klasse can be diluted and used in a spray bottle what do you guyz think of using on windows like rain-x and I know I can also use it as a wax booster, but is that the same as a spray wax? What do you guyz think. Also what mix ratio would you use?
Hope everyone has a good holiday.I don't mind using rain-x,I rarely have to use wipers or especiallly the washer.It strips the rain-x right off.At 30 M.P.H. and over the water just leaves the glass.Had my brother-in-law in my truck the other day and he kept saying,"how come water goes up on your windshield???"about 5 timesLOLOLOL.

supercharged
12-19-2006, 02:45 AM
Never used SG on glass, but used AIO with great results.

ScottB
12-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Aquapel has a good reputation for those insisting on coating window with some product.

Excessive Detail
12-20-2006, 10:55 AM
Can AIO be dilued with water.