PDA

View Full Version : Those who wash with brushes (boars hair )

LuxuryMobile
01-22-2011, 10:50 PM
How do you like them? How safe vs two bucket method standad wash?

Any alternatives the this one Montana Original 10 inch BoarÂ’s Hair Car Wash Brush (http://www.autogeekmobile.net/prbohabr.html)

Any other tips or suggestions?

Im posting because I recently used one while teamed up with another local company and liked the ease and results. Im sure some will bash the idea while others may love them. Let's hear your thoughts.

Kristopher1129
01-22-2011, 11:15 PM
I personally love the brush method. We use it everyday to prep our vehicles. It's easy to handle, covers a large area, and doesn't scratch or scuff the paint.

Although, I usually will still mix up some ONR in a spray bottle and give a little touchup to the wash once it dries. But the brush is great...not a fan of the mitts. But, the mitts are good to have for rims. :dblthumb2:

LuxuryMobile
01-22-2011, 11:18 PM
That's nice to hear. It was a time saver for sure and the brush was as soft if not softer then a mit.

Especially on larger vehicles. Lifted trucks and that sort of thing.

Kristopher1129
01-22-2011, 11:22 PM
That's nice to hear. It was a time saver for sure and the brush was as soft if not softer then a mit.

Especially on larger vehicles. Lifted trucks and that sort of thing.

Yeah exactly. I got one that has an extension, and a soap container too. That way when I do RVs, I put a solution in to get those black streaks off. Makes things a LOT easier.

LegacyGT
01-22-2011, 11:28 PM
From what I have read, you will want to soak the brush in water for a good 15-20'minutes to soften up to avoid leaving scratches.

builthatch
01-22-2011, 11:30 PM
i'm definitely considering this for truck roofs. i'm so sick and tired of whipping out a ladder and stretching out precariously, teetering next to the doors.

LuxuryMobile
01-22-2011, 11:38 PM
I've heard that soaking the brush is a most. If I get one I will let it sit in some soapy water overnight.

It'll get used 5-6 days a week so I don't imagine it'll need to be soaked more then once. It would definitely beat having to do the whole ladder thing. Or washing from the bed of a truck leaning over the windows.

builthatch
01-23-2011, 12:08 AM
i like the idea of the brush but that price seems out of whack compared to other detailing sites.

Kristopher1129
01-23-2011, 12:14 AM
i like the idea of the brush but that price seems out of whack compared to other detailing sites.

Yeah, I wouldn't pay that much for one. I got some from my local dealer. Think they were about $30 each.

builthatch
01-23-2011, 12:17 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't pay that much for one. I got some from my local dealer. Think they were about $30 each.

makes sense, since that'd be a distro to a professional. i think retail it should be in the 40 dollar range.

as if anyone cares what i think about pricing, hahaha

Kristopher1129
01-23-2011, 12:18 AM
makes sense, since that'd be a distro to a professional. i think retail it should be in the 40 dollar range.

as if anyone cares what i think about pricing, hahaha

Hey, I care damn it! lol. Yeah, you're right though. I do a lot of business with them.

LuxuryMobile
01-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Yea, $80 is not reasonable to me. That why I asked about alternatives. Im sure I can pick something similar up for half the cost.

AdrenalineJunky
07-22-2011, 11:55 PM
I agree with all of you. Pulling out the step ladder sucks, there must be a better way. I've read many posts on brushes/boars hair. It seems like the majority of people hate them and they do indeed scratch. Between the price ageek charges and the potential for disaster, I've stayed away. I would love to find a quality brush that is at a reasonable price.