PDA

View Full Version : Picked up 16 RVs/Traiers - maybe 28!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bates Detailing
01-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Ok.... feeling the pressure here! 16 Rvs that need to be cleaned by tuesday for an RV show here in Nashville (may be bumped up to 28!). The problem is that monday is supposed to snow - so basically 16 done by tomorrow! Luckily I've got a crew of 4 to help me bust them out but I am going out of my realm here and doing the whole wash with soap and bucket. I have always used a drywash system, but the quantity and filth has pushed me to get some buckets, brushes, etc. Plan on tossing a spray wax on them afterward as well and do some more detail oriented steps, but this is what I have so far (way worse than they look!).

I'll have pics tomorrow night of the finished products (if Im not to tired)!!!

Flash Gordon
01-22-2011, 08:22 PM
:buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing:

LuxuryMobile
01-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Make sure you preach safety to your employees if they are going to be on and off ladders.

Its gonna be alot of work but should be good pay.

Bates Detailing
01-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Make sure you preach safety to your employees if they are going to be on and off ladders.

Its gonna be alot of work but should be good pay.

DEFINITELY!!! Safety is always my number one and they know that!! Also safety for the RV..... drop a rag- toss it in the truck, don't dare let the brush touch the ground, etc. They are all real good guys and great workers.... I'm totally lucky there. Im loosing one guy in 2 weeks because he got an aircraft mechanics job, and another because he got an accounting job. These are the types of guys that I get out there - but I may be running out of employee luck if I loose my last 3!

LuxuryMobile
01-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Where are you located in Tennessee?

c5z06camaro
01-22-2011, 08:58 PM
holy cow!!! if you were located in northern cali i woulda lend you a hand. But anyways goodluck man!

Bates Detailing
01-22-2011, 09:14 PM
Where are you located in Tennessee?

Im 100% Mobile - servicing Middle Tn. I've been very fortunate to be busy this winter cause I've landed some pretty big clients. Hopefully it continues!!

holy cow!!! if you were located in northern cali i woulda lend you a hand. But anyways goodluck man!

Lol - preciate it man! I used to live in Monterrey Bay - miss Cali to death!

Flash Gordon
01-22-2011, 09:40 PM
As many large vehicles as you do, my next investment would be a nice used scissor lift w/trailer

G L on getting all that done in 1 day :doh:

Crazy Amos
01-22-2011, 09:43 PM
Just bought stock in Red Bull!

You are cranking them out man! You gotta be doing something right to get all of this work. Keep it up and be careful.

I think you will be able to get that jar of Fusion after these jobs lol!!!!

Bates Detailing
01-22-2011, 10:04 PM
As many large vehicles as you do, my next investment would be a nice used scissor lift w/trailer

G L on getting all that done in 1 day :doh:

That would be quite an investment! How much do those go for anyway?!?!?!

Just bought stock in Red Bull!

You are cranking them out man! You gotta be doing something right to get all of this work. Keep it up and be careful.

I think you will be able to get that jar of Fusion after these jobs lol!!!!

I am addicted to starbucks man - gets me cranking, then recharge with some espresso around lunch - Im sure it is really good for my heart!

I do feel lucky man - but most of this business I've been getting was just going out and finding it.... I've got a goal of if Im not detailing, Im out hitting up companies.

Fuzion will have to wait till I get a lambo dealership!!!

:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::h ungry:

GaDetailDoc
01-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Congrats and good luck.

Flash Gordon
01-22-2011, 10:16 PM
That would be quite an investment! How much do those go for anyway?!?!?!

Probally around 2 G's for one thats working properly :cry:

If nothing else be on the hunt for some used scaffolding. I bought 2 5x5 sections for $75 @ auction a few years back

Bates Detailing
01-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Probally around 2 G's for one thats working properly :cry:

If nothing else be on the hunt for some used scaffolding. I bought 2 5x5 sections for $75 @ auction a few years back

nice - I was happy with my $15 6 foot ladder deal lol! Scaffolding would be nice - especially at $75!

Flash Gordon
01-22-2011, 10:28 PM
nice - I was happy with my $15 6 foot ladder deal lol! Scaffolding would be nice - especially at $75!

Look in your local newspapers classifieds under Auctions/Building materials

Kristopher1129
01-22-2011, 11:20 PM
I'm pretty sure you may be the hardest working detailer in the world, ha. Buses, planes, RVs...that's nuts! Where do you even find this work?

Are you buffing all these RVs out? Or just washing them down and spray wax?