PDA

View Full Version : Wool pad or foam pad??-help!

93fox
01-21-2011, 12:21 AM
I am recently wetsanding all the orange peel off a car i just recently painted and have been using a wool pad with m105 to buff. But my question is witch is better in my sort of situation... Foam or wool pads? I seem to like the wool but i dont know if it suits well what im doing!

sohail99
01-21-2011, 12:29 AM
On a rotary, wool pad will get rid of sanding scratches quite quickly!!(If you finish with 2000grit or finer!)

I have tried removing sanding scratches(2000grit) on a test panel with a 4" LC orange pad and M105 on a rotary, I had to do multiple passes in order to achieve the finish I was looking for!

I've seen that with a wool pad, its easier as a wool pad cuts so fast!

A surbuff pad will be able to remove shallow sanding scratches(even with a PC)! (if you finish sanding with 3000grit or finer)

sspudnick
01-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Wool works. I like the purple kompressor pads for this as well, just be careful with the heat.

I dont see a problem with what you're doing.

Flash Gordon
01-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Great info already provided :applause:

Do you already have both Wool and Foam pads? If so, give the Foam a try first (just for kicks if nothing else) if they fail to preform, hit it with tha Wool :buffing:

93fox
01-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Great info already provided :applause:

Do you already have both Wool and Foam pads? If so, give the Foam a try first (just for kicks if nothing else) if they fail to preform, hit it with tha Wool :buffing:

Yea i have a foam pad, but it dosent cut it like fhe wool! Ima stick to the wool pad!

StephenK
01-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Yea i have a foam pad, but it dosent cut it like fhe wool! Ima stick to the wool pad!

which foam and wool pads do you have?

Flash Gordon
01-21-2011, 03:01 PM

OK...sounds good to me :props:

93fox
01-21-2011, 03:28 PM
which foam and wool pads do you have?

I have some tcp global foam pad, not the greatest things ever but get the jpb done... And for wool i have the one that came along with my makita buffer!