PDA

View Full Version : Diamondite Shield 5oz

GaDetailDoc
01-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Has anyone used Diamondite Shield 5oz? I just ordered two aerosol cans, but is seems to me that they may not go too far once you start to spray. Has anyone used this product. I am afraid to use it. It is pricey. I want to use it to seal the windshield after polishing.

aznwhip
01-21-2011, 12:55 AM
I've used Shield. Good product so far, but can't speak to durability yet, but so far holding strong after nearly a month.

aznwhip
03-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Ok, need to follow up on this. So it seemed to be holding up pretty well, but recently took a long trip (socal to norcal) during moderate rain. Wipers going for about 5 hours. Now remember, Shield has already been applied for about a couple months now. As I was driving, 3 hours into it, I noticed a line was forming where the wiper blade ends its traversal. This was particularly annoying for the passenger side wiper which leaves this line right smack in middle of the windscreen. Basically it looks like it's whatever Shield product was coating the windshield being scraped up and deposited there. Took a LOT of elbow grease to get rid of that line after I had arrived at my destination. Was using OEM Mercedes wiper blades and had no stuttering or anything per sweep. Kinda disappointing.