PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with me!

Pages : [1] 2

jimmyjam
01-20-2011, 04:45 AM
My wife and I are kinda in a disagreement. We're looking at getting the Mercedes C350 and with all the options, it's really over doing it to get leather. My mind is on all the products I could use on the leather to maintain it, and my wife thinks we don't need it, but what's a Mercedes w/out LEATHER! I don't ask for much and what ever I do get I take really good care of it regardless what it is, so is to much to ask? Shoot I act like this a diary vs. a forum, but hey your all my buddies.....

Flash Gordon
01-20-2011, 07:09 AM
Do they have cloth seats as an option? I've never seen it if they do :confused:

RLove
01-20-2011, 07:58 AM

Same thought here, I didn't know cloth would even be an option. I would think that it would seriously reduce the potential resale someday as well.

I also think that cloth would make the car a special order that would not allow you to take part in any dealer/factory incentives that usually only apply to in-stock vehicles.

Leather! :props:

daveinsweethome
01-20-2011, 08:27 AM
i believe that the closest they have to cloth is mb tex, a very good fake leather. a lot of c classes have this, plus their suvs. the step up real leather is much more expensive and listed as an option or part of a package.

Meghan
01-20-2011, 08:29 AM
You can't get a Mercedes without Leather it's just not normal!! :dunno:

PAR Detailing
01-20-2011, 09:21 AM

Thats exactly what hit me first too!

You have to get the leather, I have cloth in my accord and Id give my left you know what to have leather.

zliegen
01-20-2011, 09:47 AM
I love MB Tex. It looks just as good as leather and its easier to care for. I didnt know they were still using MB Tex though, my friends 88 300E has black MB Tex seats and they still look almost brand new with 220k miles on the car. With that said, theres noooo way I would buy a brand new Mercedes with CLOTH seats.

TWEEDERTWEEK
01-20-2011, 09:50 AM
If I was going to spend the money on a Mercedes, I would make darn sure that when I drove off the lot I had no regrets. Get the leather.

embolism
01-20-2011, 09:54 AM
get leather

nuff said

ScubaCougr
01-20-2011, 10:43 AM
I had aftermarket leather put in my truck. Niiiiice!
Most friends also say leather cleans up better than fabrics, especially with stains.

Get the leather. You won't go back to fabric again.

keepitclean
01-20-2011, 12:15 PM
What about re-sale value of the car.............leather vs cloth.

natewood70
01-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Why not just do it big!!! Get the ostrich skin stiched with reindeer hair... remains soft and supple and it has a great smell after being in the sun for a while.... plus you can just use water (cold or hot) to clean anything off of it and it looks good as new!!!!! :props:

wrxwagon
01-20-2011, 01:35 PM
I would say if the leather alternative looks good, then it would be satisfactory. I say all this assuming that it isn't cloth because that would, like someone else said and IMO lower the resale off the bat. Just don't unfairly use everyone's opinion here as ammunition against your wife because we all think the same as you do.:xyxthumbs:

Why not just do it big!!! Get the ostrich skin stiched with reindeer hair... remains soft and supple and it has a great smell after being in the sun for a while.... plus you can just use water (cold or hot) to clean anything off of it and it looks good as new!!!!! :props:

:haha: maybe you could even get vents in the seat made from the gills of a sea bass.

Shawn T.
01-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Personally, I find cloth to be the more comftorable material when driving.

Judge
01-20-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm pretty sure they don't offer cloth in any Mercedes. If it doesn't have leather then it would be MB Tex, which is not such a bad thing. It's even easier to clean than leather and it holds up better in the long run. I've driven a 300TE with 302,xxx miles that had MB Tex and it looked and felt maybe a couple years old, and this was a free loaner car from a shop so you now it wasn't meticulously cared for