PDA

View Full Version : remarks from neighbors 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

VISITOR
01-20-2011, 12:46 AM
any good or bad remarks from neighbors when you are detailing your car(s) or someone else's? let's here em...

cintoman
01-20-2011, 01:15 AM
You're gonna buff the paint off your car (after my neighbors came back from spending a whole day at the beach and noticed that I was still detailing my car since they left earlier that morning).

Cintoman

Marc08EX
01-20-2011, 01:31 AM
I first started washing cars when I was around 12 years old. Our neighbors would always say "you're going to strip off the paint washing your car too much!" A couple years ago, an elderly man drove by and stopped in front of our driveway to say "so is my car next?" LOL!

DP200248721
01-20-2011, 01:38 AM
My neighbors enjoy coming over and asking me questions about what i'm doing to my or a client's car. Most of them that stop by end up being clients, can't complain about that :)

VISITOR
01-20-2011, 02:01 AM
A couple years ago, an elderly man drove by and stopped in front of our driveway to say "so is my car next?" LOL!

then you respond... "sure, i can use the extra money". they probably won't say that again LOL...

Matt
01-20-2011, 02:24 AM
then you respond... "sure, i can use the extra money". they probably won't say that again LOL...

HAHAHA! Nice!

My neighbours say the same thing, "you're gonna wash the paint off your car". But, they also say "looking good Matt!" which is always nice.

tuscarora dave
01-20-2011, 05:59 AM
an elderly man drove by and stopped in front of our driveway to say "so is my car next?" LOL!

I've gained a lot of new clients by this exact exchange of words.

My neighbor gets the benefit of trying out my favorite products on his truck. He might just wax his truck more than I wax my car. Then again I am usually busy working one a client's car.

Flash Gordon
01-20-2011, 06:51 AM
You Missed A Spot!!! :doh:

RLove
01-20-2011, 08:05 AM
My favorite is, "I wish I had the time to keep my car that nice" as they go inside to put their feet up and watch TV all afternoon.

And NEVER a cutesy comment from my wife who really enjoys strangers telling her how gorgeous her car is. I wonder why they notice her black Lexus when there are so many others out there? Hmmmm....

Zzyzx
01-20-2011, 08:25 AM
When I was 11 or 12, my neighbor said; "you going to take the finish off that car" (he then chuckled). I was washing my uncles car for 50 cents and I wanted to do a real good job. I used SOS pads :eek:

SeaJay's
01-20-2011, 08:28 AM
I always get the "Want to do my car next!" and I always reply back that I'd love to if they'd like to have it detailed. I've received a couple new customers that way. But a lot of people just say oh no thanks I was just joking around with you.

I also get the "Hell son do you ever stop working?!". Between working a full time job (not detailing), plus detailing part time, I work 7 days a week and in between that I am usually doing something around the house or in my yard. I have a hard time sitting still. Even when I'm sitting still I have my leg bouncing.

sohail99
01-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Once I was washing my car with the two bucket method and was taking total care and was gently working the suds on the paint with a mitt.

Then my neighbor asks me, "Did you get a training on this?" lol

Generally I always surprise them as soon as I take my car out!
Here. after a year or so of ownership, the cars are literally super swirled!

My friend who bought his after mine is now in a terrible condition while mine is swirl free! :D

I'll have to correct his!

(basically none of my neighbors is interested in getting their cars detailed!)

FastZR1
01-20-2011, 09:11 AM
I always get the, "Can I bring my car over?" or "Is my car next?" I always say sure but they normally think I'm kidding.

Next time I think I'll use someone else's line of, "Sure, I could use some extra cash." and see how that one goes. None of my neighbors have actually used my services even though I am only a hobbiest. I woudn't mind keeping one or two of the neighbors cars up to standards though.

Spicy McHaggis
01-20-2011, 09:36 AM
I run my business out of my home and get alot of comments from the neighbors. So far 3 people have stopped and asked how much but only one has actually gotten a service performed. I think some people are still surprised how much it costs to get your car detailed properly.

My next door neighbor has a black Volvo and he actually keep it really clean and uses alot of techniques to reduce wash induced marring. He gets all his products OTC and manages to keep his car looking pretty good. He says he is going to get me to do a correction for him in the spring, but we'll see how it goes.

I did have one guy (not a neighbor, just a passerby, stop and basically insult me by saying only kids wash cars for money. I proceeded to show him a 50/50 of the car I was working on and he shut up. Then I walked over to his car with my LED light and showed him how terrible his car looked...he was speechless and just drove off.

James K
01-20-2011, 09:39 AM
When I was on leave over Christmas I detailed 3 cars. Two of them I spent two days on. The mail man said, "heck of a way to spend your vacation". The neighbor, who visits from England told me that I was crazier then the folks back home. Of course everyone hears the "mines next".