PDA

View Full Version : Natty's blue paste wax.

Pages : [1] 2

c5z06camaro
01-19-2011, 08:51 PM
Hi guy's i was wondering if you can help me out here.
My question is, does natty's blue normally comes cracked in
the inside or its normal for waxes to be cracked?

Heres some pics to see if it helps. Btw i received this wax today.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u75/mxapilot/DSC04360.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u75/mxapilot/DSC04362.jpg

Mirror Detailing
01-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Both of my nattys did that...eventually. They did not come like that though...so I am thinking you might have gotten one that has been on the shelf for a little while. I would imagine though, that AG will be able to take care of it for you though.

CEE DOG
01-19-2011, 09:52 PM
I think it will be fine either way. When you rub it with your finger or pad it becomes "moist" or slightly "oily" for the lack of a better term right? My estimation is that as it applies to functionality of the wax this will not have an affect. However mine didn't come like that and is kept inside. It still doesn't look like that but on the surface it has dried a little... so if it bothers you I would call AG. Another option is to go try it out and see that you are satisfied.

Rub (twist) a pad in there and see how it applies to the pad

fairlady350z
01-19-2011, 10:33 PM
mine came a little cracked but not to that extent. Like suggested before, try applying the wax to an applicator pad and see what happens.

petermk
01-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Mine came looking exactly like that.

Rsurfer
01-19-2011, 11:12 PM
It's probably the cold weather. Should be fine, but like others have said, if you're not happy return it to AG and get a refund.

builthatch
01-19-2011, 11:22 PM
can you get it out of the container and put the wax back in upside down?

is it possible to heat the wax up a little to get it to reform and settle smoothly? like, putting it on a candle warmer or something? or putting it in an oven at 200*? i'd be trying all sorts of things with that if it was mine ; )

c5z06camaro
01-19-2011, 11:37 PM
I think it will be fine either way. When you rub it with your finger or pad it becomes "moist" or slightly "oily" for the lack of a better term right? My estimation is that as it applies to functionality of the wax this will not have an affect. However mine didn't come like that and is kept inside. It still doesn't look like that but on the surface it has dried a little... so if it bothers you I would call AG. Another option is to go try it out and see that you are satisfied.

Rub (twist) a pad in there and see how it applies to the pad
thanks for the advice cee dog. I will try it tomorrow to see if it works.

can you get it out of the container and put the wax back in upside down?

is it possible to heat the wax up a little to get it to reform and settle smoothly? like, putting it on a candle warmer or something? or putting it in an oven at 200*? i'd be trying all sorts of things with that if it was mine ; )

Yes it comes out of the container. and if cee dogs advice doesn't work then i might heat the wax a bit. Btw thanks for the reply guys, I will let you guys know tomorrow.

tuscarora dave
01-20-2011, 06:19 AM
Every Natty's blue I have bought looked just like that. I have never really had a problem with it's performance though. You'll get some small chunks on your applicator that will take some extra work time to smooth into the paint but after a few uses mine always seemed to melt into the pot as a more uniform cake of wax. The end results are nice enough for me to overlook this minor annoyance.

summers
01-20-2011, 09:38 AM
:xyxthumbs: Mine looked like that and it melts on the car. Nothing wrong with it.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
01-20-2011, 02:31 PM
The reason why it looks like that is simply shipping. They throw it around and it gets beat up. I can't imagine what the WS looks like when it gets to people hahahah

That will not affect the performance at all of the wax. If you want to melt it down using a double boiler than pour it back in that's fine too. You can also put it in a microwaveable container than melt it in the microwave that would work as well **(be very careful doing this and also your microwave will stink like Natty's lol so the double boiler is the best option)

Crazy Amos
01-20-2011, 04:56 PM
I received wax like that before from another vendor and it was a pain to get it transfer to the applicator at first, but after working with it a bit it eventually corrected itself.

Still protects like it should.

ScottB
01-20-2011, 05:00 PM
exactly as mine looked ... love the wax and the look is no issue. Likely poured while still cooling and thus some cracking when cooled and settled.

Bobby B.
01-20-2011, 05:12 PM
That is normal with the Natty's waxes. Just take a wax applicator and go in a circle motion around the edges a few times and it will smooth it out.

c5z06camaro
01-20-2011, 05:36 PM
*Update* I used a applicator pad to smooth it out and it transfered well onto the pad and its oily and not dry. I would like to thanks for all the people response and i really appreciate
your help. Btw this wax smells great!! makes me want to take a bite out of it.

The reason why it looks like that is simply shipping. They throw it around and it gets beat up. I can't imagine what the WS looks like when it gets to people hahahah

That will not affect the performance at all of the wax. If you want to melt it down using a double boiler than pour it back in that's fine too. You can also put it in a microwaveable container than melt it in the microwave that would work as well **(be very careful doing this and also your microwave will stink like Natty's lol so the double boiler is the best option)
ooh i see,yea it definitely got me haha, i was like oh boy i got a dried out wax this is not good. But Iam glad people are replying thats normal so thats a great feeling.
Anyways thanks for your response pockets.

That is normal with the Natty's waxes. Just take a wax applicator and go in a circle motion around the edges a few times and it will smooth it out.

thanks for the advice Bobby, tried it and it evened out great.