PDA

View Full Version : Megs Quik Detailer Mist N Wipe

Pages : [1] 2

BILL
12-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Has anyone tryed this exterior Q.D.??? any comments?? thanks......Feed back please

Surfer
12-17-2006, 06:08 PM
I think I have some in the garage, hold on a sec.....

Yup I have it, came with a Megs Clay package I bought at Autozone I think? Pretty good qd'er and excellent lube for claying. I liked it, actually it seems similar to the discontinued Wolfgang Spritz qd'er I have. Poorboys Spray and Gloss, Clearkote Quickshine, and DG Fast Clean and Shine are the best though IMO.

ScottB
12-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Ive used the Quik Interior Detailer ... works well in a pinch for cleanup. No shine (which I like) but no UV protection (a must in Florida). Never tried the exterior version.

noname5
12-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Are you talking about the Quick Detailer (exterior product)

Or the Quik Interior Detailer (interior product)?

The first comes in a red bottle, the latter in a black bottle.

Both are great products for touchups. I use my Quik Interior Detailer for weekly wipedowns. Then about once a month I'll wipe everything down with Meg's APC then dress with 303. As killr mentioned, UV protection is a must here in Florida!

Then of course, start the cycle over.

For the quick detailer, I used to use it but don't so much since I am running low and now use ONR diluted to QD strength. I still like the nice gloss "boost" the QD would give you after a wash and the way it restored some slickness. Obviously, its only good for about an evening or so, but QDs aren't meant to last anyway. I still think I like Meg's better than ONR at QD strength.

dengood1
12-17-2006, 07:37 PM

Yup I have it, came with a Megs Clay package I bought at Autozone I think? Pretty good qd'er and excellent lube for claying. I liked it, actually it seems similar to the discontinued Wolfgang Spritz qd'er I have. Poorboys Spray and Gloss, Clearkote Quickshine, and DG Fast Clean and Shine are the best though IMO.

you HAVE tried Fk 425 right? Makes my car "glow"! Have only used Quickshine and Wolfgang of the others you mentioned and both are EXCELLENT.

Meg's quick detailer is actually a decent qd, but there are definitely better ones.

Whitethunder46
12-17-2006, 07:50 PM
i've used Megs, along with most other OTC qd's. I've yet to try anything on AG, so no comparison to them. My favorite OTC quick detailer was Turtle wax platinum series QD. I think they stopped making it, but it had a very good cleaning ability which is what I was looking for. Since then, turtle wax ICE is just as good, but more expensive. IMO Megs QD is slightly under this and seems to streak more to me.

ZaneO
12-17-2006, 08:03 PM
It's a pretty decent over-the-counter QD. It's similar to #34.

supercharged
12-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Has anyone tryed this Q.D.??? any comments?? thanks......Feed back please
I've tired it before......nothing special. I'd rather stick with Mothers Showtime.

Sevenrd
12-17-2006, 08:11 PM
I really like Meg's quick interior detailer for...well, quick interior touchups between 303. :)

Not so impressed with their exterior detailier. The bottle I have only shows up as a clay lube. For exterior QDs after a wash I'm still using FK425.

Reddwarf
12-17-2006, 08:16 PM
I have used it and still have some in the garage. It is darn good for something you can buy at the local store. I perfer other products such as PB Spray & Gloss, but the Meg's is good.

Larry A
12-17-2006, 09:25 PM
i've used Megs, along with most other OTC qd's. I've yet to try anything on AG, so no comparison to them. My favorite OTC quick detailer was Turtle wax platinum series QD. I think they stopped making it, but it had a very good cleaning ability which is what I was looking for. Since then, turtle wax ICE is just as good, but more expensive. IMO Megs QD is slightly under this and seems to streak more to me.They still make Platinum spray, and I think thats its much better then Ice.

Whitethunder46
12-18-2006, 12:22 AM
They still make Platinum spray, and I think thats its much better then Ice.

I can't find it anywhere. Wasn't bad for only $5.

BILL
12-18-2006, 07:47 AM

Thanks........i got a good deal on it and will use it on my familys cars......

Whats the deal if you know about the discontinued wolf gang SPRITZ qd'er?

I just bought from A/G when they had there W.G. sale W.G. SPRITZ SEALER QD'ER.......I LOVE IT.......Whats was the diff betwwen this newer one and the older QD'ER that was discontinued??

if you know.... thanks again...........:)

BILL
12-18-2006, 08:09 AM
Are you talking about the Quick Detailer (exterior product)

Or the Quik Interior Detailer (interior product)?

The first comes in a red bottle, the latter in a black bottle.

Both are great products for touchups. I use my Quik Interior Detailer for weekly wipedowns. Then about once a month I'll wipe everything down with Meg's APC then dress with 303. As killr mentioned, UV protection is a must here in Florida!

Then of course, start the cycle over.

For the quick detailer, I used to use it but don't so much since I am running low and now use ONR diluted to QD strength. I still like the nice gloss "boost" the QD would give you after a wash and the way it restored some slickness. Obviously, its only good for about an evening or so, but QDs aren't meant to last anyway. I still think I like Meg's better than ONR at QD strength.

THANKS...... The exterior mist and wipe in the red bottle.....:)

BILL
12-18-2006, 08:18 AM
I really like Meg's quick interior detailer for...well, quick interior touchups between 303. :)

Not so impressed with their exterior detailier. The bottle I have only shows up as a clay lube. For exterior QDs after a wash I'm still using FK425.

YES...... FK 425 is my favorite also......bottom line.....;)