PDA

View Full Version : help trying not to sracath wheeels

db9
01-19-2011, 12:32 PM
hi I would like any one's opinion about the daytona speed master brush lg.and mini brush. First I have already checked past threads. here are the products i am using now wg.tire and wheel cleaner/bone by cobra mf sponge to clean face of wheels/carrnand sheepskin brush inside wheel cleans ok brush is to short and not durable but will not scratch. My concerns are will the daytona brush scratch or swirl my wheels. I have cast aluminum alloy wheels brand new car audi with 10 spokes. Time consuming to clean. I have both daytona brushes but never used.

SeaJay's
01-19-2011, 12:44 PM
I have the big daytona wheel brush and I've never had an issue with them scratching wheels.

mg6045
01-19-2011, 01:18 PM
The Daytona Brush is probably the most effective tool for the job.

The important part to using any wash media or brush is to let the product (wheel cleaner) do the brunt of the work. The cleaning tool (Daytona brush) should be used with care to agitate the wheel. Even the softest of brush's (boars hair) could potentially scratch if used with the wrong technique. With that said, if you use a good wheel cleaner, and the daytona with correct technique, you will NOT scratch your finish on the wheels. I know this for sure as I have had 2 sets of OEM VW/Audi wheels that come in black and are clearcoated. So I was able to see from a mile away if I swirled up the wheels (which I did on the first set with a crappy brush and tool and wrong technique).