PDA

View Full Version : TurtleWax Ice & Tire Gel

Bhusn
04-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Does anyone know about the results of TurtleWax Ice? I'm going to be doing up a Mercedes C230 for prom, and I don't have weeks to order super high end stuff. The girl won't know the difference, but obviously I will. I bought the Ice, and I'm going to try it, but I was wondering what anyone knows about it compared to Meguiar's Gold Wax.

On another note though, let me tell you about Turtle Wax Tire Gel. It's FREAKIN amazing! I use it religiously now. Simply use Greased Lightning (or even kitchen soap) on the tire wall itself. Do it enough times so that when you wash, now dirt rinses off. Dry the tires entirely with a rag or hair dryer (for speed). Then just unscrew the lid off the Tire gel, dip the sponge applicator in, and slap it on. Once you put it on, spread it around, and work it into each and every groove! I think you can even apply multiple coats though I haven't had enough time to do that yet. Let it dry for a good 15 (that's recommended, but I don't drive for at least an hour after application), and you will see tires that GLEAM. I will post some pics of the C230 when we finish it this weekend.

DS Detailer
04-17-2006, 10:44 PM
I've never liked Turtle Wax products.

Order DP tire stuff, Pinnacle Waxes

Totoland Mach
04-18-2006, 06:46 AM
I bought the ICE product for 2 reasons: 1) apply in sunshine and 2) does not stain black plastic trim. I posted pics on Meguiar''s in my gallery. The product lasted about 4 days on paint...zero beading. BUT....it does a great job on stained plastic door handles. It's now turned into a treatment for stained plastic...and I don't use it at all on paint.

Totoland Mach

JeffW
04-18-2006, 11:25 AM
it does a great job on stained plastic door handles. It's now turned into a treatment for stained plastic...

Totoland Mach

Really? It's just covering it up, and at some point needs to be redone, right? How long before having to reapply?

I've tried AIO, WaxBlaster, and various other products and nothing has touched the stained door handles on my wife's Liberty.