PDA

View Full Version : Military member in sicily Italy!

pyrobee
01-18-2011, 01:20 AM
Hey everyone! I just recently purchased a 2011 Hyundai Sonata and brought it over to Italy not thinking about living next to a Volcano and Mediterranean temperatures in the summer:( well I found this site and ordered my first products out of many I am sure. I picked up some ONR and some Pinnacle Shampoo. I also Picked up some Cobra Products. The Original WW Guzzler(Green) and some Gold Plush Cobra XL Microfiber Towels as well as the Cobra Bone for my wash Sponge! wish me luck...oh and some DP Window Restorer..

ExoticAutoDetai
01-18-2011, 01:26 AM
Bienvenuto

Exotic Auto Detail via tapatalk

jimmyjam
01-18-2011, 04:36 AM
Hey everyone! I just recently purchased a 2011 Hyundai Sonata and brought it over to Italy not thinking about living next to a Volcano and Mediterranean temperatures in the summer:( well I found this site and ordered my first products out of many I am sure. I picked up some ONR and some Pinnacle Shampoo. I also Picked up some Cobra Products. The Original WW Guzzler(Green) and some Gold Plush Cobra XL Microfiber Towels as well as the Cobra Bone for my wash Sponge! wish me luck...oh and some DP Window Restorer..

Welcome to AutoGeek Online pyrobee! Your off to a great start with your new Sonata :xyxthumbs:. Be sure to get some waxes as well to protect/keep the new look. What color is your Sonata ?

dad07
01-18-2011, 07:22 AM
:welcome:

Meghan
01-18-2011, 08:15 AM

Mike Phillips
01-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Welcome to Autogeek Online!

Can't wait to see a picture of your freshly detailed Sonata with a Volcano erupting in the distant background...

Seriously, ash of any type can be abrasive, so remove any build-up often, try not to let any ash accumulate and then get exposed to moisture as this will create a film instead of loose ash and be more abrasive to remove.

Also, the ash when mixed with water or moisture can create a 'new' corrosive substance that can harm your clear coat. I know this happens with ashes from fire, not sure about Volcanic Ash.

vet
01-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Welcome to AG, and thanks for serving.

anthony73
01-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Are you near Catania must be near Mt Etna right? Ive been there.Not easy to keep a car clean in Sicily, too much dust.Welcome.
Get some vinyl/leather care for the dash too.

Flash Gordon
01-18-2011, 10:40 AM
:cheers:

BobbyG
01-18-2011, 11:08 AM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online! :props:

slickooz
01-18-2011, 11:18 AM

gewb
01-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Welcome to the AG forum, fellow Sonato owner!

I'll make one addition to Mike's response:

Seriously, ash of any type can be abrasive, so remove any build-up often, try not to let any ash accumulate and then get exposed to moisture as this will create a film instead of loose ash and be more abrasive to remove.

Umm, I would change that to say "...exposed to moisture as this will encase your car in a film as hard as concrete..."

Regards,
GEWB

pyrobee
01-19-2011, 07:12 AM
I definitely know it's hard to keep it clean here. The dust is crazy. Ash really does not happen much unless it's erupting and when it did a few days ago I got very minimal and rinsed it off that morning! It was even 25 degrees outside lol.

The car is pacific blue pearl and I need to take care of some minor swirl marks and get an online filter for my hose as wel. Hard water is bad here. I will get some pictures up today of it and my vw golf freshly detailed!

FUNX650
01-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi and Welcome. Thanks for your service to the USA. Your problems with the volcanic ash fallout reminds me of the time I once lived near a smelting plant--the red ash it spewed out gave me the red ash. :( LOL. Wish you good fortune keeping your vehicles clean & shiny.

A few years ago these ladies showed that Mt. Etna wasn't the only hot item erupting in Italia. :) OOH LA LA :dblthumb2: