PDA

View Full Version : When is the Meguiars DA microfiber system coming out????

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

WRAPT C5Z06
01-17-2011, 09:59 PM
I'd really like to buy some more Surbuf pads, but I'll wait if it's coming out soon!

Sent using Tapatalk

Setec Astronomy
01-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I'd like to know this too. Why, I'm not sure.

Spicy McHaggis
01-17-2011, 10:09 PM
I have a feeling the surbuffs will still have a place in one's pad arsenal. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up more.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

LuxuryMobile
01-17-2011, 10:20 PM
I was in the same situation but decided to just pick up more surbuffs

BillE
01-18-2011, 07:06 AM
Most recent thing I've read says late Jan, early Feb.

I have to admit, this is one thing I am looking foreward to also.

Bill

Mike Phillips
01-18-2011, 09:42 AM
I agree on getting more Surbuf pads if you need them...

No hard date that I know of for release.

Distribution is another time factor, getting products into the pipeline and able to be shipped.

:)

VR8
01-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Surbuf's are such a great value I didn't hesitate to pick up another supply of them. It will be great to see the Meguiar's pad comparably priced.

Spicy McHaggis
01-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Surbuf's are such a great value I didn't hesitate to pick up another supply of them. It will be great to see the Meguiar's pad comparably priced.
considering it's a "system" I don't think the price will be comparable to a single pad. But I guess we will have to wait and see for sure.

I think it's going to be good for people who just want to keep their own vehicles looking good since it takes out any guess work, but I don't think it's really going to have an application for professionals.

Mike Phillips
01-18-2011, 10:54 AM
I think it's going to be good for people who just want to keep their own vehicles looking good since it takes out any guess work, but I don't think it's really going to have an application for professionals.

I think it's going to be a hit with both production detailers and enthusiasts.

You can get excellent correction with the compound and a DA Polisher without instilling any swirls and wipe-off is easy and zero dusting. The compound is a really nice product. The Polish/Wax amps of the clarity and gloss and is one of the easiest waxes anyone will ever wipe-off.

The microfiber pads work incredibly well.

I've tested early versions and the latest versions and filed my reports so I don't want to say much more till it's released but it's definitely going to be a "game changer" and a huge hit.

The first time I tried it out I called Jason Rose and told him he had a home run with this new system and for the most part you can get rotary buffer results without using a rotary buffer.

It wasn't even a challenge for the compound to obliterate these swirls and finish out 99.9% LSP ready.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/742/Horrendous006.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/742/Horrendous008.jpg

There is a learning curve to the system but that's just a matter tweaking your technique to match the manufactures recommendation.

One thing for sure, when the new system is introduced we're all going to see a lot of threads by the people chosen by Meguiar's to get samples and test this new system plus everyone else's review.

Time will tell...

:xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
01-18-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm waiting to post the write-up from the 1959 Cadillac project, but here's a few teaser pictures, note how dull the paint is... and this is an older single stage re-paint...

The below picture is from this article, (more pics in the article)

How to correctly fold and use a Microfiber Towel (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/29230-how-correctly-fold-use-microfiber-towel.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/930/MicrofiberTowel003.jpg

Besides claying, the after side was done in two steps.

Before
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/932/CaddyBeforeAfter01.jpg

After
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/932/CaddyBeforeAfter02.jpg

There's no one product or one system that everyone is going to agree as the best or even good, everyone eventually find what works best for them, but it's definitely a system that I think most enthusiasts and detailers are going to want to try and then come up with their own opinion.

"Find something you like and use it often"

:)

Spicy McHaggis
01-18-2011, 11:38 AM
I'll agree maybe for production type detailers. But for higher end detailers that like to have every pad and polish on hand for every situation I don't think the whole system will fit the bill. Parts of the system sure, but not using the system all together. i've seen plenty of results from this system, and I still stand by my original statement.

I don't think the system as a whole is geared towards pros. That doesn't mean I think it's junk or that I don't think it works. I think it is wonderful for people to be able to maintain their own vehicles to the high level that this system allows.

RaskyR1
01-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Nothing wrong with having more Surbuf pads on hand Mark.

I think people will be very impressed once we get the green light to publish are testing results. :props:

Rasky

RaskyR1
01-18-2011, 11:50 AM
I'll agree maybe for production type detailers. But for higher end detailers that like to have every pad and polish on hand for every situation I don't think the whole system will fit the bill. Parts of the system sure, but not using the system all together. i've seen plenty of results from this system, and I still stand by my original statement.

I don't think the system as a whole is geared towards pros. That doesn't mean I think it's junk or that I don't think it works. I think it is wonderful for people to be able to maintain their own vehicles to the high level that this system allows.

So if I have a customer come to me only wanting a basic correction, and I do it, does that mean I'm not a pro or a high end detailer?

Not all cars have to be full corrections jobs and jeweled to perfection.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Thank all.

Mike, you got tremendous results! :props:

Rasky, can't wait to hear your review. :xyxthumbs:

I'm actually waiting for the compound and MF disc(pads) to go with it. I'm not really interested in the second part of the system at this point. Being that it's labeled a "system", will it only be sold as a system?

Spicy McHaggis
01-18-2011, 12:01 PM
So if I have a customer come to me only wanting a basic correction, and I do it, does that mean I'm not a pro or a high end detailer?

Not all cars have to be full corrections jobs and jeweled to perfection.
No not at all. The internet does not allow me to put inflection in my voice. I'm not trying to talk down to anyone or say this product doesn't work or doesn't have a place. I do plenty of one step corrections as well as wash and waxes. I'm not trying to exclude anyone here.

I'm saying the system, as a whole in my opinion, is more geared towards novice detailers. I'm saying that’s a pro of the system. It takes out all the guess work of what polish to use with what pad. It allows someone to polish their car to a professional level with very little risk of burning through the paint and no guess work. I'm on your side, I've seen it work and it works great.

That said I will buy it when it is available, but I doubt I will use it as intended every time. Just because they say it works well with a certain polish doesn't mean that is the only polish I would try on it. My only point is I don't see alot of pros using it as a full system. I see them using the parts of the system they like, with other products they like. there is nothing that says I can't use their compound on a hydro tech pad, or M105 on their compounding pad. That the fun of detailing is trying out different products and procedures and seeing what works best for you. Thats all.