PDA

View Full Version : I shake all my products once a day...

Pages : [1] 2 3

WRAPT C5Z06
01-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Not sure if it really helps, but I like to keep everything "fresh". :cool: Anyone else?

kronos
01-17-2011, 09:49 PM
An average of once a week. I started shaking them after reading a few threads of products that seemed to separate after sitting untouched for a while. I imagine that's why you're shaking them too?

zliegen
01-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Not a bad idea. :dblthumb2: I don't personally do it though, maybe if I did I could get muscles like you! :D

WRAPT C5Z06
01-17-2011, 09:51 PM
An average of once a week. I started shaking them after reading a few threads of products that seemed to separate after sitting untouched for a while. I imagine that's why you're shaking them too?
That has a good deal to do with it. I just don't like to see products separated. I only have a couple that do that, but I still shake everything.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Not a bad idea. :dblthumb2: I don't personally do it though, maybe if I did I could get muscles like you! :D
I'm just a small dog. :D

Dr Oldz
01-17-2011, 09:52 PM
Yupppp....sometimes I have to give sniff some things also!! (I know I got problems)

WRAPT C5Z06
01-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Yupppp....sometimes I have to give sniff some things also!! (I know I got problems)
I do the same thing!! :laughing:

kronos
01-17-2011, 09:55 PM
It happened to my bottle of WG DGPS a few months ago. I poured some out and it came out very watery; I remembered it being thicker. So I started shaking it for a long time (at least 30 minutes) and it was nice and thick again after that (the DGPS).

cnfowler
01-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Once a day is definitely overkill considering they don't get shaken while in the warehouse or on the shelves. But I do shake mine probably about every 3-4 weeks. I can't say I've ever had a problem with product separating.

Colin

Setec Astronomy
01-17-2011, 09:57 PM
I try to shake my stuff once in a while--if I did them every day I wouldn't have time for anything else--darned flavor of the month!

Seriously though, I worry about the solids sinking to the bottom of the polishes and not being able to get them shaken back in...doesn't help that almost all of the bottles are opaque so you can't see what's happening. I will say that my sample of FK2180 quickly separates out into a thin mess...but a little shaking and it thickens back up...weird. Then there's my early bottle of M21...you can shake that until your ears bleed but the water never mixes back in--I finally poured it off.

cnfowler
01-17-2011, 09:58 PM
It happened to my bottle of WG DGPS a few months ago. I poured some out and it came out very watery; I remembered it being thicker. So I started shaking it for a long time (at least 30 minutes) and it was nice and thick again after that (the DGPS).

Wow, that's dedication (and probably fear of losing an expensive product - ha ha).

Colin

kronos
01-17-2011, 10:01 PM
...(and probably fear of losing an expensive product - ha ha).

That's exactly what it was. I didn't have another sealant at the time so I was trying to salvage the one I had.

Marc08EX
01-17-2011, 10:05 PM
I try to shake it once a week but I fail to do it miserably lol!! I feel doing it everyday will make your arm fall off LOL!

reeeko99
01-17-2011, 10:20 PM
How many calories can you burn ?

Anyone got some math to backup shaking a 16oz bottle of polish for 30 seconds you burn 10 caloriesIm the MAN?
My arms are sore from shoveling wet snow for 30 minutes tonight.
But this post did remind me I should have done that with my products last weekend when I had the time.

Kurt_s
01-17-2011, 11:16 PM
Mark,

Might be a little excessive. Like, you have OCD really bad. :)