PDA

View Full Version : Woolite Question

Pages : [1] 2

kev1027
12-17-2006, 10:03 AM
After reading all the good news about using Woolite on the interior, I am wondering which/what Woolite you all are using? Whats the name? Whats the bottle look like? Where are you buying it? Thanks!

ryandamartini
12-17-2006, 10:17 AM
classic blue bottle for me.. :)

sparkie
12-17-2006, 10:32 AM
http://www.woolite.com/images/products/wl_original.jpg Original Fabric Wash, 1 part woolite, 6 parts DI water. Some even use it 1 part woolite 10 parts water.

supercharged
12-17-2006, 10:43 AM
classic blue bottle for me.. :)
I save my blue bottle for dark laundry.

Kelso
12-17-2006, 10:47 AM
haha, so woolite is laundry detergent? i never knew(havent used it yet)

P1et
12-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Woolite is supposedly made for washing delicate clothing, like PANTIES!!!

But it sure works great too cleaning the carpets in my truck, hehehehe...

kev1027
12-17-2006, 11:15 AM
I didn't know it was laundry detergent either. So are you putting it in a spray bottle and diluting it? Then just spray on carpets and seats and scrub?

sparkie
12-17-2006, 11:28 AM
I didn't know it was laundry detergent either. So are you putting it in a spray bottle and diluting it? Then just spray on carpets and seats and scrub?
Yep!

ltoman
12-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Woolite is supposedly made for washing delicate clothing, like PANTIES!!!

But it sure works great too cleaning the carpets in my truck, hehehehe...

Ok P1let, I can't help myself....
WHY are YOU wearing PANTIES?????
roflmoa:applause:

ltoman
12-17-2006, 01:14 PM

Kev,
You can find Woolite in Costco, Target, or any supermarket. The dark blue bottle is for darks, and the white bottle sparkie showed you is for all else.
It is usually something a woman buys, as it is good for undergarments/lingerie etc. because it is delicate.
Sonow I guess it is good for car carpet too. What about Folex??

P1et
12-17-2006, 01:57 PM

Only on Friday nights Lauren -- HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust kidding of course!!!

:p

P1et
12-17-2006, 01:59 PM

I love the professional Zep bottles that you can buy at Home Depot. Bought myself a few of those and one is always filled with Woolite. I usually dilute it 10:1 and it works great on carpets. It's how I shampoo the carpets and pull the pretty lines in it!

ltoman
12-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Only on Friday nights Lauren -- HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust kidding of course!!!

:p
Don't worry. I won't tell the wife.
lol
j/k!:)

supercharged
12-18-2006, 04:57 AM

Huh? you wear those on Fridays? ;) :D

TOGWT
12-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Heated waterbreaks down water-soluble soiling faster as it reduces overall chemical usage because it reduces the surface tension of the fibre. Heat acts as a catalyst promoting quicker reactions between chemicals and the soil thereby minimizing dwell time.

To remove stains the surface tension that bonds them must be released, then the stain encapsulated and held in suspension to be removed. When cleaning a stain, try detergent and water first (6:1 solution Distilled water / Woolite ®) If this does not remove the stain, then try a stronger type cleaner (303'M Cleaner & Spot Remover or Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover) once fabric is clean apply a fabric protection (303TM High Tech Fabric Guard)

I’m repeatedly asked which product is the best interior cleaner. There is no one-product answer, as the so-called all purpose cleaners (APC) do not remove every stain, different stains require different solvents to remove them.
Between these cleaners you should be able to remove 99% of stains occurring in a vehicle and around the home –
a) 303™ Rug / Upholstery Cleaner & Spot Remover
b) P21S Total Auto Wash
c) Woolite® Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam
d) Hoover Deep Cleansing Carpet/Upholstery Detergent
e) Folex Spot Remover

Classifying stains-
a) Organic stains- these include proteins and fats, body oils, mould yeast, bacteria, bugs and carbohydrates. Most of the stains found in the vehicle interior are of an organic nature and require an alkaline type cleaner. Some organic stains (i.e. blood, vomit, urine) should be removed with an enzyme type cleaner and a disinfectant applied to the area
b) Non-Organic stains- mostly found on the exterior of the vehicle, hard water scale (calcium) lime deposits, Road tar, grease and oil film, and require an acidic type cleaner.
c) Petroleum soils - substances that do not contain water, nor are they miscible, these soil types include, motor oils, and crease and road tar, and require a solvent type cleaner.

Stain Types-
a) Water Soluble Stains- These stains can be dissolved in cool water or loosened with water based cleaner, coffee; soft drinks, cocoa and chocolate are good examples.
b) Oil soluble stains- These are stains that are comprised of oily or greasy substances, which include cooking, oil from fried foods and suntan oil.
c) Combination Stains- These stains contain both water based and oil-soluble properties. Cleaning these stains require treatment with a petroleum solvent followed by water based cleaning solution.
d) Unidentifiable Stains- Sometimes stains cannot be identified. Treat these stains like a combination stain. Clean with a petroleum solvent followed by water based cleaner.

{Experience; [and the correct information] can be a great teacher}