PDA

View Full Version : glass pad came apart after first use

Pages : [1] 2

builthatch
01-16-2011, 08:48 PM
i bought this pad a while back and never used it.

Lake Country 5.5 Inch Glass Polishing Pad (http://www.autogeek.net/lc-glass-polishing-pad.html)

i opened the bag, put it on my makita and ran it at 2-3 with some product on my wife's windshield. when i went to do the other side, i grabbed the edge and noticed the "felt" backing was coming up. when i tried to pull the pad off of the backing plate while holding the felt too - the entire backing came off like it wasn't even attached in the first place! apparently the adhesive was either not there or flat out failed.

has anyone else's pad done this right off the bat?

do you think AG will take this one back/exchange even though i bought it a while back? i'm skeptical to get another one on exchange considering i didn't even get 5 minutes out of this one!

proudpoppa
01-16-2011, 08:54 PM
give them a call and im sure they will take care of you.

BobbyG
01-16-2011, 09:03 PM
give them a call and im sure they will take care of you.

:iagree:

Rsurfer
01-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Yeah, let us know as I have 2 in my cart now.

builthatch
01-16-2011, 09:11 PM
i'll give them a call tomorrow. i'm putting in an order tonight too so maybe i can structure this just right. who knows.

thanks all. i'm curious if these glass pads normally do this.

Rsurfer
01-16-2011, 09:15 PM
i'll give them a call tomorrow. i'm putting in an order tonight too so maybe i can structure this just right. who knows.

thanks all. i'm curious if these glass pads normally do this.
Wonder if AG is closed tomorrow?

Setec Astronomy
01-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Hmm...I thought they had stopped making those pads...oh wait, it says "Item Temporarily on Back Order"...I think it's said that for the last year or more. This pad might be good for film or water spots but I don't think you're going to remove any swirls/scratches without those thin glass pads that they still sell.

Perfections
01-16-2011, 10:11 PM
The griots glass pads are well made and one pad hasn't failed yet and it comes as a 3 pack :)

Rsurfer
01-16-2011, 10:23 PM
The one that I have in my cart is a LC 4" pad..any good?

agpatel
01-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Had mine do the same, glued it back on for a second use and trashed it....should of called...oh well...

builthatch
01-16-2011, 10:35 PM
oh jeez i just read the reviews and two others had the same issue i had, like, exactly!

must have been a production issue, hence the discontinuation/BO/whatever.

Rsurfer, link to the 4" pads? i can't seem to find them. i'm curious if the reviews are similar.

Rsurfer
01-16-2011, 10:37 PM
oh jeez i just read the reviews and two others had the same issue i had, like, exactly!

must have been a production issue, hence the discontinuation/BO/whatever.

Rsurfer, link to the 4" pads? i can't seem to find them. i'm curious if the reviews are similar.
Glass Polishing Pads, glass cutting pads, glass leveling discs, abraded discs, auto glass polish (http://www.autogeek.net/glass-polishing-pad-4inch.html)

builthatch
01-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Glass Polishing Pads, glass cutting pads, glass leveling discs, abraded discs, auto glass polish (http://www.autogeek.net/glass-polishing-pad-4inch.html)

oh...yeah those are more aggressive than the yellow pads. i was thinking they had 4" versions of the sparkling yellow pad somewhere and i was missing it.

we'll see what happens.

Mike Phillips
01-17-2011, 09:09 AM
i bought this pad a while back and never used it.

Lake Country 5.5 Inch Glass Polishing Pad (http://www.autogeek.net/lc-glass-polishing-pad.html)

i opened the bag, put it on my makita and ran it at 2-3 with some product on my wife's windshield.

What "product" were you using?

What are you trying to do? Remove below surface scratches in glass or just polish off some topical staining?

:xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
01-17-2011, 09:11 AM
Wonder if AG is closed tomorrow?

Nope... we're open all day!

:xyxthumbs: