PDA

View Full Version : Extractor or Steamer?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

IID
01-16-2011, 11:14 AM
I currently have a Bissell "Auto Care Proheat Portable Deep Cleaner" that I use for shampooing customer/personal vehicles carpets and for what it is it works pretty decent.
I'm in the market for a hot water extractor but have some interest in a steamer as well.The extractor I was looking at to tackle dirty interiors with is either the Duramaid Super 1600,or the Aztec HotRod.

I've been also entertaining the thought of a steamer.Particularly a Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner.
I'm not sure a steamer is the right way to go(for ME) because the two main purpose of my future purchase is going to be cleaning interiors (head liner,cloth seats) but the carpets as well.I'm not sure how well steamers would clean a vehicles carpet but would think that the steamer would clean the headliner and clothe seats well.

I'm undecided in which way to go at this point:
Extractor or Steamer?

Southern Stang
01-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Honest to god, from watching the videos on their site this thing looks like the cats meow. I think you may have just sold me on one.

mcpp66
01-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Go to detailingsuccess' home page and look for the short youtube video of Renny Doyle using a steamer to clean a car. I think a steamer is the way to go but be careful with it. I don't think the steamer will replace the extractor, I have the Aztec HotRod extractor and the VX 5000 steamer and I use them both.

daves120
02-10-2011, 04:42 PM
I have the vapor chief and will purchase an extractor to clean only heavily soiled carpets.

Bates Detailing
02-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Go to detailingsuccess' home page and look for the short youtube video of Renny Doyle using a steamer to clean a car. I think a steamer is the way to go but be careful with it. I don't think the steamer will replace the extractor, I have the Aztec HotRod extractor and the VX 5000 steamer and I use them both.

The vx5000 has injection correct? If so, should that not be as effective as an extractor? Just curious.... cause I will be buying the vx5000 instead of an extractor this year..... u got me questioning my decision.

Kristopher1129
02-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Both!

Bates Detailing
02-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Can I borrow a grand Kris?!?!?!?

mcpp66
02-10-2011, 08:07 PM
The vx5000 has injection correct? If so, should that not be as effective as an extractor? Just curious.... cause I will be buying the vx5000 instead of an extractor this year..... u got me questioning my decision.

Yes it does have injection, but if you use injection you're going to need an extractor to pull the water out.

Bates Detailing
02-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Yes it does have injection, but if you use injection you're going to need an extractor to pull the water out.

Can't just use a wet/dry vac?

AeroCleanse
02-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Get the Hill Injection if you can afford it. They make a higher end unit called the Carmen Super Inox or something, which adds a vacuum. So you can use steam for extraction. Not a cheap unit mind you.

Rsurfer
02-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Get the Hill Injection if you can afford it. They make a higher end unit called the Carmen Super Inox or something, which adds a vacuum. So you can use steam for extraction. Not a cheap unit mind you.
Awesome machine..two in one, but you will drop some coins.

Bates Detailing
02-10-2011, 09:26 PM

That does look like a nice tool - hard to find a price - but I think I found on another forum that it is between 2500 to 3000. My birthday is coming up on Feb 24 by the way..... so lets see - if everyone on here pitched in $5.... yep it is doable guys! Thanx in advance!!!!

dad07
02-10-2011, 09:38 PM
That does look like a nice tool - hard to find a price - but I think I found on another forum that it is between 2500 to 3000. My birthday is coming up on Feb 24 by the way..... so lets see - if everyone on here pitched in $5.... yep it is doable guys! Thanx in advance!!!!

Hey I won 5 bucks in a raffle tonight....I might could He...l...p......:rolleyes: Sorry bud I'M thinking a cold beverage is more worthy of that 5 bucks :D

Perfections
02-10-2011, 09:40 PM

Around 5k for that unit

Bates Detailing
02-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Hey I won 5 bucks in a raffle tonight....I might could He...l...p......:rolleyes: Sorry bud I'M thinking a cold beverage is more worthy of that 5 bucks :D

LOL - but what about all the Show N Shines I'll produce!!! Is that not rewarding enough my friend?!?!?!?

Around 5k for that unit

Well that totally shoots my birthday plans all to hell.... thanx Perfections!