PDA

View Full Version : Tangerine pad

Emm
01-16-2011, 05:43 AM
Has anyone used an AIO with a lakecountry HT Tangerine pad? I am going to use Dodo need for speed on my truck that has some light swirls and thought I could use the Tangerine pad without marring the paint? Or should I stick with a lakecountry white pad?

PAR Detailing
01-16-2011, 07:43 AM
That is hard to say, I would think you wouldnt have a problem because the tang pad finishes down so nice most of the time. The best thing you can do is just test it side by side tang/white and see which looks best.

Niele
01-16-2011, 11:13 AM
I used XMT360 on a tangerine pad and it finished VERY nicely on my Acura.

mg6045
01-16-2011, 11:56 AM
LC HT pads are amazing ! I prefer to use them. there easier to clean and soak up a lot LESS product.

If its normal for you to use a white pad, than imo , yes, the LC tang pad would be the perfect replacement, and will prodocue better results most likely.

as for marring the paint, IME, I have never marred the paint using any of the LC HT pads. What makes you think this pad would marr the paint ? Have people seen this as an issue with these pads , on more sensitive paints ? I'm used to working on hard clearcoats that are like glass, so I usually never run into marring like other members talk about. I can usually finish off with aggressive products as well. (Audi, BMW, Chrysler paints)

Dr Oldz
01-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Dodo NFS and a 5.5 tangerine pad works amazingly well!!! It's my go to combo when using an AIO!!! I haven't had any problems with marring of any sorts on a few type of paints but its always good to do a test spot just to see if the results are to your liking!

Audi X2
01-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Last weekend I repaired an area on a Mercedes ML350 using the Cyan pad with Meguiars Ultimate Compound. It finished without any marring which was really impressive.

I have also used the tangerine pad with a light polish and the results were excellent with nothing left but a perfect finish.

Obviously every finish is different, but these pads are excellent.