PDA

View Full Version : Leatherique Leather Rejuvenator: Minimum time to soak in?

Kurt_s
01-15-2011, 03:43 PM
We finally have a nice warm day (mid-70's) to apply Leatherique Leather Rejuvenator. I applied it to the front and rear seats with extra applied to the seams. I can see where the leather dye has been worn, so the next step will be a redye job in two or three areas.

I was told that a white haze may appear on the leather from contaminants being forced from the leather. How long will it take for this to happen.

I have about 4 hours before it gets dark and want to use the Pristine clean today so that can use the car tomorrow.

Thanks!

FUNX650
01-15-2011, 04:30 PM
The directions call for and recommends a 24 hr. drying period. What I do sometimes to speed this process up is: Cut large plastic garbage bags (black if you have them) to fit on/over the seats--leatherique won't come off onto them; then roll the windows up and park the vehicle in direct sunlight. After the sunlight is no longer available put the car in the garage, if you can, and turn the heater on for a while.

If you really do not want to go through the entire drying period, wait as long as you can, then complete the second step with the Pristene Clean. You can do another total treatment another time--the main thing is you have a good headstart towards your ultimate goal!

Kurt_s
01-15-2011, 04:38 PM
The directions call for and recommends a 24 hr. drying period. What I do sometimes to speed this process up is: Cut large plastic garbage bags (black if you have them) to fit on/over the seats--leatherique won't come off onto them; then roll the windows up and park the vehicle in direct sunlight. After the sunlight is no longer available put the car in the garage, if you can, and turn the heater on for a while.

If you really do not want to go through the entire drying period, wait as long as you can, then complete the second step with the Pristene Clean. You can do another total treatment another time--the main thing is you have a good headstart towards your ultimate goal!

Maybe I will pull the car into the garage for the night and use the pristine clean in the AM.

Thanks!

Kurt_s
01-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the responses. Applied pristine clean this morning to remove the Rejuvenator oil. The seats were sticky before the pristine clean and now cleaner and a little softer after wiping them down. The leather has a nice matte finish.

They didn't come as clean as I hoped in some areas and there is definately need for some redying in spots. Then again it is a daily driver and it was my wife's car for the first 100k+ miles of ownership. I will probably reapply the rejuvenator oil to the front seats again before redying. The back seats are in pretty good shape.

pushtiulk
01-16-2011, 07:16 PM
You can repeat the leatherique treatment, and you can let rej oil for 24 hours, or for 12 hours. If you have a garage, apply on the evening rej oil and in the morning you can clean with the prestine clean. Spray prestine clean on the seats, let it for 2 - 3 mins and then wipe with a clean mf towel.

Spicy McHaggis
01-17-2011, 12:05 AM
You can repeat the leatherique treatment, and you can let rej oil for 24 hours, or for 12 hours. If you have a garage, apply on the evening rej oil and in the morning you can clean with the prestine clean. Spray prestine clean on the seats, let it for 2 - 3 mins and then wipe with a clean mf towel.

Unless you stick a heater in the car this method wont yield the best results. You really want to leave the car in the sun and cover the seats in trash bags. That method gets the best results.
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

pushtiulk
01-17-2011, 05:32 AM
You need a heater when you don't have too much time for wait, and you need to rush the process. If you have time and garage, you don't need a heater. Rej Oil will enter in the leather and push the dirt out.

Kurt_s
01-17-2011, 11:11 PM
You need a heater when you don't have too much time for wait, and you need to rush the process. If you have time and garage, you don't need a heater. Rej Oil will enter in the leather and push the dirt out.

My steering wheel has the greatest change where it was hard and slick, and now softer and tacky. The seats are a bit softer but both front seats will get another treatment later this spring.

Very cool stuff.

bobble
01-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Another trick is to use a hair dryer to warm up the seats, then apply the rejuvenator cover with the bags and use the hair dryer again on the covered seats. That gets the process going. I did this to a neglected set of seats and it took a couple treatments but they are really soft and nice now. I apply with a foam paint brush and really lather the oil on.