PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Metal Polish *new formula*

Pages : [1] 2

paulsav
01-15-2011, 12:50 AM
Let me first say that I live in a rainy state aka Washington. I have a stainless steel exhuast on my car which is a 2006 STi. Its very hard to hard to keep clean because it gets dirty really quick with thick grime. I bought/tried like five diffrent types of metal polishes which include Flitz Metal polish,Mothers,Blue magic,Poorboys metal wax, and lastly optimum metal polish the old formula.

Today I got the Optimum Metal polish in the mail which is the new formula. Im going to say this that when I tried the original formula I wasnt really impressed just another metal polish to me. Infact the blue magic metal polish was on top. I just tried the new formula and this is with two weeks driving in the rain. I grabbed a microfiber towel and applied a little bit and started to work in circular motion. I was AMAZED and couldnt believe my eyes. It cuts the dirt without pretty much without any effort and leaves the surface very clean!!! Its crazy I didnt even have to apply pretty much any muscle into unlike other polishes. Just wanted to share my thoughts dont even hesitate to buy this product! A++++

Thanks for reading please excuse any grammer error's.

DP200248721
01-15-2011, 01:06 AM
Great to hear, i have a bottle waiting at home :)

WRAPT C5Z06
01-15-2011, 01:11 AM
I've never tried optimum metal polish because I've settled on Wenol(red) metal polish. Great stuff!

mg6045
01-15-2011, 02:45 AM

if it available yet for customers ?

paulsav
01-15-2011, 02:57 AM
if it available yet for customers ?

Yes!

rwright
01-15-2011, 07:41 AM

I believe I do as well. I won a bottle from a contest on DB but I don't know if it's the old or new formula? Hmm...

Sent using Tapatalk

Chris Thomas
01-15-2011, 10:54 AM
If it's BLUE, it's NEW. The original is pink.

rwright
01-15-2011, 11:00 AM

I'm out of town right now. I guess I will call my wife and have her open the package. I'm even more curious now!

Sent using Tapatalk

FUNX650
01-15-2011, 11:07 AM
I approach using metal polishes the same as I do with polishes for paintwork--before application of polishes, I start with as clean a surface as possible.

First, making sure the exhaust is cold: Even if the exhaust looks clean a wipe-down with soapy water will remove unseen grit--grit that can be caught in your metal polish applicator/buff that will damage the finish. If exhaust is black with soot and contaminates I'll use one of these wipe-down cleaning methods: Lacquer/Paint thinner; Baking soda paste; Bug/tar remover. You should be able to see metal with almost no black spots when finished.

When the exhaust is cleaned to your satisfaction, apply the metal polish that you have chosen, then remove with your chosen buff method (mushroom buff followed by hand buff is my preferrence). Whenever possible/practical, I wipe down the exhaust with a dedicated MF towel immediately upon shut-down of the vehicle, when there is still some moisture present--makes it easier to keep them clean.

rwright
01-15-2011, 01:56 PM

As it turns out it's blue! I'm so glad the Optimum guy hooked me up! From my dealings with him, he really seems like a cool person. Thanks Optimum!

Sent using Tapatalk

flatstick
01-15-2011, 02:42 PM
As it turns out it's blue! I'm so glad the Optimum guy hooked me up! From my dealings with him, he really seems like a cool person. Thanks Optimum!

Sent using Tapatalk

Just keep in mind now that you spilled the beans.... we are expecting a review from you soon :buffing:

TLMitchell
01-15-2011, 04:15 PM

I won a bottle on DB as well. Pink, ::::shrug:::: Price was right, works OK... gift horse and all that...

TL

Chris Thomas
01-15-2011, 05:50 PM

Robert, you do know that I am the Optimum guy, right? Thank you very much for the kind words. I was glad to help and just let me know if you need anything else.

I won a bottle on DB as well. Pink, ::::shrug:::: Price was right, works OK... gift horse and all that...

TL

Sorry about that TL, the new formula Tire Shine and Metal Polishes weren't ready until a couple days after we shipped your prize, I checked the dates after your message. The original performs pretty dang good anyway.

rwright
01-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Robert, you do know that I am the Optimum guy, right? Thank you very much for the kind words. I was glad to help and just let me know if you need anything else.

Actually it's Richard, I get that all the time! But yes, I know who the Optimum guy is ;). Just a couple more days and I'll get my order over to you. My wife thinks I'm excited to go home to see her, little does she know...:laughing: Im the MAN

conthedon
01-15-2011, 08:06 PM
I have had great results with mothers mags & aluminum paste, but I will check out optimum since I have a lot of products from them and always have great results