PDA

View Full Version : alright so im ready!

washandwaxy22
12-16-2006, 02:16 AM
well i got my pc
lake country orange(3) white(3) and grey(2) pads
dp super swirl light swirl final finishing polish and surface sheild
question is can anyone help me with what products to use with what pads and which speeds to use them on it will be on a black 02 toyota solara daily driver with 140k miles so its pretty bad shape

6LS2
12-16-2006, 03:42 AM
Have you seen the 2 videos on swirl removal?

Sevenrd
12-16-2006, 04:18 AM
Without seeing your vehicle, I'm flying blind. But by your description, I'd say orange pad with the super swirl remover. Work the polish in at around speed 2, then crank it up to 5 - 6. Work the polish slowly and deliberately. Repeat as is neccessary.

Once the worst swirls are removed, you can follow up with the light polish/white pad to get rid of hazing, then for a really "jeweled" surface, finish up with the finishing polish.

ScottB
12-16-2006, 09:35 AM
some fine information above, consider watching the videos, and then get to work. Polishing will require patience but outcome can be considered overwhelming.

supercharged
12-16-2006, 09:55 AM
well i got my pc
lake country orange(3) white(3) and grey(2) pads
dp super swirl light swirl final finishing polish and surface sheild
question is can anyone help me with what products to use with what pads and which speeds to use them on it will be on a black 02 toyota solara daily driver with 140k miles so its pretty bad shape
Post pictures when you are done. Before and after.

washandwaxy22
12-19-2006, 12:53 AM
alright so i watched the videos and everything and i got home from school today and everything was missing!...turns out they put everything back into the boxs and wrapped it all! just when i was about to get busy! but i was wondering is the stuff they spray the pad with before putting the product on have to be sprayed on or not? i think it was like xmt pad conditioner or something

Russecu
12-19-2006, 07:40 AM
alright so i watched the videos and everything and i got home from school today and everything was missing!...turns out they put everything back into the boxs and wrapped it all! just when i was about to get busy! but i was wondering is the stuff they spray the pad with before putting the product on have to be sprayed on or not? i think it was like xmt pad conditioner or something
You can use a light spray of qd or water if you do not have the pad conditioner. I think the use of the conditioner is more to give some extra lube before the pad is primed so it doesnt produce any marring.