PDA

View Full Version : Look What I Just Found At Work

Pages : [1] 2

Josh@BR
01-14-2011, 08:58 AM
So I was cleaning out my wash bay here at work and found a box stashed away with these in it. I don't have any experience with these products so I have no idea if it's good stuff or not. They've had to been there for years. Think they're still good? There all about 50-75% full and haven't frozen or anything.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh109/wrxroberts/IMG_20110114_082347.jpg

BobbyG
01-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Those my friend are some great products, what a find!! :props:

Read their use and instructions before proceeding....:dblthumb2:

tuscarora dave
01-14-2011, 09:25 AM
I had received a free sample of the Final Inspection and thought that it was some of the best QD that I had ever tried.

I bought a rotary off of Craigslist that came with a 1/2 gallon of the #20 and it had separated and the 2 parts wouldn't mix back together. With a quick shake just before application however it still seemed to provide adequate protection.

The #7 IMO is just a super product to have on hand. Nice find!! Let us know if it's any good still.

Rob T
01-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Those products are no longer any good. Please send them to me for proper disposal.

;)

DLB
01-14-2011, 11:47 AM
Those products are no longer any good. Please send them to me for proper disposal.

;)He is trying to lead you astray! DO NOT LISTEN TO WHAT HE IS TELLING YOU! :nomore:

Send them to me instead. :coolgleam: At least the #34 and #7.

I have Single Stage Paint on one of my vehicles, and my dad's truck which is a 4-Door Dually, so yea, I use a lot of #7.

Good score buddy - happy for you! WOOT!

DLB
DLB

DLB

BillyJack
01-14-2011, 11:57 AM
I have some Meg's products that are older than your pics and have never had a problem. In order to save tiresome shaking with a large container, I bent up a piece of heavy wire as a stirrer and chuck it in a drill. Stir or shake 'em up and have at it.
#34 is a clean-finishing detailer and great clay lube.
#7 is my go-to polish, a superb 'moisturizer" for older paints, especially single-stage.
#20 is a wax/sealant hybrid with some moderate cleaning capabilities.

Great find!

Bill

RaskyR1
01-14-2011, 12:20 PM
All great products!

Score! :dblthumb2:

Kurt_s
01-14-2011, 12:29 PM
I have some Meg's products that are older than your pics and have never had a problem. In order to save tiresome shaking with a large container, I bent up a piece of heavy wire as a stirrer and chuck it in a drill. Stir or shake 'em up and have at it.
#34 is a clean-finishing detailer and great clay lube.
#7 is my go-to polish, a superb 'moisturizer" for older paints, especially single-stage.
#20 is a wax/sealant hybrid with some moderate cleaning capabilities.

Great find!

Bill
:iagree:

#34 is a good clay lube and cleans up nicely as a QD after using a polish. I used it in the late 90's as my go to QD. It doesn't leaves as slick a finish as OIDE or FK425.

I still have an old bottle of #7 in the tool box from years ago. Great stuff for SS paint.

Josh@BR
01-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Thanks everyone I'll be giving these a try here soon then. I'm really curious about the #7...

Kurt_s
01-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Thanks everyone I'll be giving these a try here soon then. I'm really curious about the #7...

Check out Mike P's thread about the restoring vintage single stage paint and the old continental. I think it's in the archives.

aerogt01
01-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Feel free to ship them my way if you don't want them. If you don't use them, I will! :D

IID
01-14-2011, 01:13 PM
I put hem there for safe keeping and completely forgot about them.
SEND THEM BACK TO ME,NOW!

J/K Nice Score.:props:

oldmodman
01-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Old detailng products, like old detailers. Never get old, they just become historic.

jlb85
01-14-2011, 06:03 PM
#34 is probably the best cleaning quick detailer there is. I assume Top Inspection to be similar. It does not compare to high shine quick detailers in that regard. Maybe a little too watery for my likings as a clay lube, but is a great light general cleaner for computers and TVs ;) #34 is the best QD for removing polish residue.

#7 is also a great product. Mike has the best writeup on it possible!

I have not used the #20 so no opinions.

Kristopher1129
01-14-2011, 10:05 PM
Ummmm the bottles say Meguiars on them...there's your answer.