PDA

View Full Version : Busch's aluminum polish

Dr Oldz
01-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Anyone here ever use this product. A local salesman was trying to sell it to me for a project I'm doing and I figure I'd ask here b4 I purchased it. He claims the stuff is amazing. But then again he is a salesperson.

KevinBrown336
01-13-2011, 05:08 PM
It's excellent stuff! I highly suggest it. Are you using it for aluminum specifically?

Dr Oldz
01-13-2011, 05:10 PM
It's excellent stuff! I highly suggest it. Are you using it for aluminum specifically?

Yes. Bare aluminum.

ScottB
01-13-2011, 05:24 PM
I got a bottle of their cleaner in past, it was highly toxic smelling (acid) so I tossed it.

KevinBrown336
01-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Check out P21S Polishing Soap. Won't regret it. You can find it in the AG store. I would recommend it over the Busch's(even though it does a great job).

ScottB
01-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Check out P21S Polishing Soap. Won't regret it. You can find it in the AG store. I would recommend it over the Busch's(even though it does a great job).

its a great product indeed. You do need to followup with a light polish however to bring back the bling-bling.

Dr Oldz
01-13-2011, 05:49 PM
I tried p21 and optimum and both didn't bring the luster that this piece had when original. Working on a fabricated rear housing that was amazing looking when new. I can't ask the guy who made what he used since he has since passed away. I was hoping busch's may bring that super hi luster back.

C. Charles Hahn
01-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Guess I never knew beer would make for a good metal polish, but I suppose anything is possible.... :p

http://www.thebrewsite.com/images/beers/busch-beer.jpg

WRAPT C5Z06
01-13-2011, 06:40 PM
I tried p21 and optimum and both didn't bring the luster that this piece had when original. Working on a fabricated rear housing that was amazing looking when new. I can't ask the guy who made what he used since he has since passed away. I was hoping busch's may bring that super hi luster back.
Have you tried Wenol Red? Good stuff...

builthatch
01-13-2011, 06:46 PM

i'm still using the mothers tub 'o metal polish for all metal, including jewelry (palladium, platinum, etc). it definitely outperforms the pink formulation optimum - says a lot coming from me since i'm a real optimum fan boi.

might want to try it - available pretty much anywhere ; )

Dr Oldz
01-13-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm gonna give this busch's stuff a try first. I'll let u guys know the results.

dad07
01-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Guess I never knew beer would make for a good metal polish, but I suppose anything is possible.... :p

http://www.thebrewsite.com/images/beers/busch-beer.jpg

six of those and it wouldnt really matter what you used it will look good

Dr Oldz
01-20-2011, 12:05 AM
UPDATE: anyone looking for an aluminum polish that gives an ultra high luster and cuts all the crud off ............ try Busch's! This stuff is awesome!!