PDA

View Full Version : Need help with process

ghost5486
01-12-2011, 11:58 PM
OK i am going for a show car shine w/o wet sanding and comments or suggestions would be nice and my plan is this:

1. 2 bucket method with Deep Crystal Car Wash
2. clay
3. m-105
4. m-205
5. Meguiars show car glaze #7
6. Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0
7. Meguiars gold class carnuba paste wax

Also i have a g110v2 and a makita with ALL the Lake country ccs pads. Paint has very mild swirls, just got the rotary so i dont really want to cut with it much so could i cut with the da and polish with rotary? also what pads would work best for my application, will be first time using them:dblthumb2:

LuxuryMobile
01-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Just stick with the DA for your whole process. You will probably use and orange pad with M105 and a white pad with M205. Use a softer pad with the glaze and also a soft pad for the wax/sealant if you chose to do it by hand.

Be sure to wipe down with an with an IPA mixture between polishes so you dont get any build ups of oil.

One cheap tool that might save you some frustration is a hallogen work lamp to see what you need to correct and track your progress.

Have fun, take your time, and take some pictures.

Bates Detailing
01-13-2011, 12:51 AM
I just use a black foam waffle finishing pad if I don't need to cut.....

This job required some cutting, but I finished it with the black foam pad using my makita...and some black car swirl remover/polish... came out great

http://bnbdetailing.com/DSC04204.JPG

http://bnbdetailing.com/DSC04207.JPG

ghost5486
01-13-2011, 01:02 AM
Just stick with the DA for your whole process. You will probably use and orange pad with M105 and a white pad with M205. Use a softer pad with the glaze and also a soft pad for the wax/sealant if you chose to do it by hand.

Be sure to wipe down with an with an IPA mixture between polishes so you dont get any build ups of oil.

One cheap tool that might save you some frustration is a hallogen work lamp to see what you need to correct and track your progress.

Have fun, take your time, and take some pictures. Thanks for advice, what IPA mix do u recommend?

Mike Burke
01-13-2011, 07:34 AM
A good read about IPA

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/31183-how-mix-ipa-inspecting-correction-results.html

ghost5486
01-14-2011, 03:05 PM
IPA is confusing me, some like it some don't and i also read that the meguiars products benefit from the oils when you apply wax and what not? i have 70% guess ill mix it 50/50?Feed back please

SeaJay's
01-14-2011, 04:42 PM
I use IPA because it's cheap and I haven't had any issues with it. I use it after my first two steps usually M105 and M205. After that I will apply my sealant or wax. I don't have much experience with glazes, but I would assume you wouldn't do an IPA wipe down after that. Since part of the thing with glazes is their oils. But someone that has more experience with them can point you in the right direction I"m sure.

ghost5486
01-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Well got it done and i tell you what the shine is amazing. Didnt take as long as i though it would mabey 5 1/2 hours considering it is garage kept and i only drive it on nice weekends. Well here is a couple pics [they dont show the shine at all]:buffing:

She is now sitting at a 3 day car show, show starts tomorrow. I wont be winning anything but it will be cool.[Half mill cars with under 100 miles, i drive mine to and from every show]

dad07
01-20-2011, 07:05 PM
I think that mule looks really good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!good luck at the show,for a dd it looks great! Hope it wins ya something!!!:xyxthumbs:

jlb85
01-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Yes, the paint looks great! The color really shows much better on a flawless finish. Good job and good results!

BTW, nice engine bay :)

ghost5486
01-20-2011, 07:27 PM
I think that mule looks really good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!good luck at the show,for a dd it looks great! Hope it wins ya something!!!:xyxthumbs:
Not a DD but a Weekend warrior:dblthumb2: