PDA

View Full Version : Wurth Windshield Additive

YankeeFan
12-15-2006, 11:59 PM
Have two bottles that have directions to mix equal parts of the additive and water which isn't much liquid as the Wurth bottle is only 250mL. Has anyone used this product and added it to existing windshiled washer fluid? I was thinking it would reduce the ratio substantially and still have the cleaning and low temp properties.

Howard

supercharged
12-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Have two bottles that have directions to mix equal parts of the additive and water which isn't much liquid as the Wurth bottle is only 250mL. Has anyone used this product and added it to existing windshiled washer fluid? I was thinking it would reduce the ratio substantially and still have the cleaning and low temp properties.

Howard
I have used it before, and am using it now. It basically depends on your weather. Dilutions rations are:
2:1 = -22 F
1:1 = -4 F
1:2 = 14 F.

Now dilute it depending on your temperature.

I usually do 1:2 because temperature in South Lake Tahoe does not usually goes lower then 14 F.

Worked for me so far. And yes, this product is not cheap.

YankeeFan
12-17-2006, 02:06 PM
I have used it before, and am using it now. It basically depends on your weather. Dilutions rations are:
2:1 = -22 F
1:1 = -4 F
1:2 = 14 F.

Now dilute it depending on your temperature.

I usually do 1:2 because temperature in South Lake Tahoe does not usually goes lower then 14 F.

Worked for me so far. And yes, this product is not cheap.

thanks for the reply. Yeah........it isn't cheap so I was hoping by adding it to regular windshield wash would do two things, clean better and lower the freezing temp. Oh well..........it doesn't usualy get below 14 here in the Philly area too often either.

Thanks,
Howard

supercharged
12-17-2006, 08:17 PM
you are welcome.

YankeeFan
12-18-2006, 12:08 PM
you are welcome.

Sorry to harp on this but have you found this propduct to do anything different than the blue windshied wash found everywhere for $1.29?

Howard

supercharged
12-19-2006, 03:25 AM
my windshield solution was not freezing. That's what it suppose to do.