PDA

View Full Version : Tried my DP stuff.......

Pages : [1] 2

justin_murphy
12-15-2006, 07:35 PM
This lineup is simply a hidden gem!

I used just about everything today and loved every minute. The smell are great and they DO what they SAY!

If anyone is on the edge of buying some, just do it. You will not be upset at all!

ryandamartini
12-15-2006, 07:58 PM
At my new job with a detailer, I brought my supplies, because well Im picky! He used the total interior cleaner and the gel wheel cleaner and was amazed!

Im going to to RMG / Maxwax on a black G35 tommorow :D

Surfer
12-15-2006, 08:56 PM
Did you use DP Glass Restorer? Let me know how it works for you. I couldn't get it to remove spots that were only a couple weeks old on one vehicle from when we went away and sprinklers hit it. AIO worked, but even Glass Restorer on speed 6 with pressure on an 4" orange Edge pad wouldn't do much? I know others said the same thing. Krystal Vision on the other hand I've heard great stuff on and will pry order some next instead of Invisible Glass.

Reddwarf
12-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Did you use DP Glass Restorer? Let me know how it works for you. I couldn't get it to remove spots that were only a couple weeks old on one vehicle from when we went away and sprinklers hit it. AIO worked, but even Glass Restorer on speed 6 with pressure on an 4" orange Edge pad wouldn't do much? I know others said the same thing. Krystal Vision on the other hand I've heard great stuff on and will pry order some next instead of Invisible Glass.

I have had great experience with the Glass Restorer. I applied it with the wolfgang orange pad that came with the kit. I love the Krystal Vision. It is superior to IG, but when you compare the price, the IG is the better deal. That said, I will buy more Krystal Vision one day.

AL417
12-16-2006, 08:21 AM
This lineup is simply a hidden gem!

I used just about everything today and loved every minute. The smell are great and they DO what they SAY!

If anyone is on the edge of buying some, just do it. You will not be upset at all!

Very Cool. I just got my latest order on Thursday and among other things I got the DP Wheel Gel, Wheel Glaze, 4-in-1 and MaxWax. I also got the DP Xtreme Shampoo sample with my new foam gun. I can't wait to try them all.

justin_murphy
12-16-2006, 08:34 AM
I too was having a big issue with cost per dollar when it came to chemicals. Yeah, Invisible Glass (man it's hard not using acronyms!) is cheaper than Krystal Vision. The only thing is is that I cannot put a price on quality and service. A chemical is worth more to me if it works good and does it everytime.

I guess this is whey we pay $75+ for a wax when a $15 bottle would "do" for most of us.

ScottB
12-16-2006, 09:03 AM
Max and I were talking about this at Ecklers .... DP has gotten alot more press since it changed from Detailers Pride. But the fact is, plenty are still missing this product line. Nice sizes and nice pricing in bulk.

aceshigh73
12-16-2006, 09:42 AM
Justin (or whoever)...

Let us know if you use the DP Wheel Gel Cleaner and the Shmitt together... Im trying to think if it would make a good combo, or just create a mess.....

ScottB
12-16-2006, 09:44 AM
I never really use the wheel shmitt, I really like a very small and soft towel. (micro) that way I can get into all the small areas.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/PICT0042.JPG

I find DP Wheel Gel a good middle round wheel cleaner, but use P21S as a little lighter. Nothing to harsh with either choice.

Driven Auto Detail
12-16-2006, 09:49 AM
Justin,

How do you like the DP Mild Swirl Remover? I received some the other week as a free gift and there's really not any consumer reviews around.

supercharged
12-16-2006, 09:50 AM
I have had great experience with the Glass Restorer. I applied it with the wolfgang orange pad that came with the kit. I love the Krystal Vision. It is superior to IG, but when you compare the price, the IG is the better deal. That said, I will buy more Krystal Vision one day.

So did I. I love it!

supercharged
12-16-2006, 09:52 AM
DP worked before for me.
I also had luck removing old water spots (I removed 95% of them by hand) with Meguiar's #83 DACP.

Advanced Detailing
12-16-2006, 01:29 PM
I also received a botle of mild swirl remover with one of my orders and i tried it on one of my customers 06 blue viper coupe. It really did a great job, completely took care of the mild swirls he had. This is a car i wash twice a week, but we still had never done a detail on it.I have to say though that i do almost all my work with a rotary. I also want to make a comment on the fact that i see some guys mentioning that some peroducts are a little more expensive than others and therefor they go with the cheaper one.I'm talking about those of us that make a living at this, to me it makes no sense to save a little money when we charge a few hundred dollars to do a job. I do many boats that i will charge from $500 upwards of several thousands depending on the size. What sense would it make to save 30- 40- or 50 dollars on one of my orders.I also can not figure out how one does not use a rotary when doing this professionally. it will take me about 6-7 hours to do a 25'-30' boat and make about 500-800 dollars. Now imagine doing that kind of work with a pc.Please don't take this as cut down on anyone, i admire the work being done by many of you guys, but a rotay just moves so much faster and i think does a better job. Hope to show some pics of my work one of these days. I just need to remember to bring my camera with me, i have some really nice choppers, awesome cars, boats and even some planes to show you guys.Monday i have to see this new customer, with a Lambo, his wife's bentley and her grocery getter, a mercedes G 500 i think. Don't you love miami.

Surfer
12-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Pembroke Pines...I live in Boca, just finished a couple deals in that area. Glad to have you on board.

Advanced Detailing
12-16-2006, 02:16 PM
Hey Surfer, i am in the Boca area often also, because i get many calls from customers to do their harleys. The dealership i associate with just opened their 3rd location so the work keeps increasing. I'm hopng to meet all of you who will be at the next detailfest in february.