PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on LC kompressor pads??

93fox
01-11-2011, 04:34 PM
just wondering what you guys that have used or use kompressor pads think about these pads??? about the purple pad, orange pad, white pad, black pad?? thoughts? like em? hate em? let me know!!

slickooz
01-11-2011, 04:43 PM
I bought a couple new ones from a friend. The first 20 mins of using it, little peices from the foam was all over the car. I don't know maybe they change the pads but these pads were bought over a year ago.

Devo242
01-11-2011, 04:50 PM
One of my preferred pads on a rotary, the design lends itself to curved panels nicely. I've only seen them in 6" and 7" size pads which makes them a bit too large in my opinion for a DA machine other than the Flex.

tuscarora dave
01-11-2011, 04:50 PM
An old friend gave me an orange kompressor pad and I tried it out on my rotary and wasn't at all impressed with it. The pad actually came apart rather easily as far as the flaps on the face of the pad coming off. I haven't tried any other kompressor pads to date.

Some of the more experienced Corvette detailers that I have spoken with tell me that to tackle deeper paint defects in the super hard clear on the Vettes there is nothing better than M-105 and white kompressor pad on the rotary.

Excessive Detail
01-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Got a few, aside from only having 7.5" at the time when I purchased them, they are pretty good, I ecspecially like the purple heavy cutting pad, I use it for removing sanding marks, I guess I consider it my wool pad or closest you can get to wool. They dust a little more than normal foam pads, but not enough to complain, overall worth a try now that they come in smaller sizes, I believe as small as 5.5" or 6", idk have to look it up.

sspudnick
01-11-2011, 06:51 PM
I love them on my rotary! Only pad I use If I can help it!

richy
01-12-2011, 12:10 AM
I used a white one a few times with my Dynabrade but it started to come apart. For the price, they do not last long enough. I won't be buying more.

93fox
01-12-2011, 12:16 AM
hmm i thought these pads were a little better, any other recommended pads from LC to use with a 6inch backing plate?

Kurt_s
01-12-2011, 01:10 AM
I don't own a rotary but used 6" white and orange with a PCXP.

I prefer flat pads with the DA but the Kompressors work ok. As TD mentioned, at least one of the vette guys like the Kompressor pads.