PDA

View Full Version : Wenol Metal Polish(red)?

WRAPT C5Z06
01-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Does it work good on chrome?

TLMitchell
01-10-2011, 07:58 PM

Wenol blue is recommended for plated metals, red is for severe oxidation and tough jobs like aluminum. That said, I have used red on chrome with no scratching or ill effects. For chrome I generally prefer Nevr Dull or Flitz. YMMV.

TL

Kurt_s
01-11-2011, 12:23 AM

I use it on brass and copper pots. It should be fine on chrome. Nevr dull is one of my buddy's favs.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-11-2011, 01:11 AM
Will Flitz do a good job on stainless steel, polished aluminum, and chrome?

Kurt_s
01-11-2011, 02:31 AM

I've only used Flitz on my stereo equipment power cables and vacuum tube pins. It's a great polish and I would guess it would work quite well.

I use One Grand's Metal Polish for chrome and I know that it works really well on Aluminum diamond plate (saw pictures of a firetruck done by a friend). I just used it on my 5qt copper pot instead of the Wenol red.

TLMitchell
01-11-2011, 05:40 AM

Affirmative.

TL

WRAPT C5Z06
01-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Excellent. Can Flitz remove heavy oxidation on stainless steel like wenol red?

Sent using Tapatalk

WRAPT C5Z06
01-12-2011, 01:30 AM
I tried Wenol Red on my chrome wheels with a MF applicator and it worked great!

Kurt_s
01-12-2011, 01:54 AM
I tried Wenol Red on my chrome wheels with a MF applicator and it worked great!

Not surprised. It's my favorite on my copper pot.

FUNX650
01-12-2011, 09:13 AM

You might want to give SIMICHROME a try--I find it to be the best I've ever used on the above listed finishes--plus brass, copper, etc.,etc.

brondondolon
11-20-2013, 01:44 PM
wenol red is my fav metal polish. Ive used many different metal polish for aluminum even this stuff from Boeing i snagged while contracted onto their site and wenol red had the wow factor. Ive never used it on chrome but now that i have chrome rims on my ram im about to buy some of the wenol blue and see how that does.

I saw some of the guys on here liking neverdul for chrome. i think its good on motor cycle exhaust pipes but any thing on a bigger scale like rims it leaves an impossible to remove oily film. You guys didnt have that issue with neverdul?