PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Jetspeed Blower

Pages : [1] 2

fredcandetail
01-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Has anyone tried the new and improved blower from Chemical Guys?
In the market for a blower for cracks and crevices and the occasional exotic that refuses to be hand dried and wanted to see if anyone has tried this new little blower ... for $45 it seems like a good deal, just dont know if it blows (in a good way) :P

LINK/POST REMOVED FROM COMPETITORS SITE

CleanGene
01-09-2011, 11:15 AM
I've got one and it's a great little machine. Lightweight and really blows! The snout has a tendency to fall off from time to time, so you may have to get creative and find a better way to secure it.

ScottB
01-09-2011, 12:15 PM
I just broke my Black/Decker Leaf Blower after many years of car drying bliss. I picked up a cheap TaskForce unit for 40.00 at Lowes. It offer more blowing power, more CFM's, and snorter snot that BD unit. I am hoping for another winner.

kronos
01-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Lowes has a $30 dollar troy-bilt leaf blower with a top speed of 150mph.

CG has their $46 leaf blower with a top speed of 110mph.

Do the math.

CleanGene
01-09-2011, 01:41 PM
I have a more powerful leaf blower which cost less money, but the CG is lightweight and compact and is easier to get into those tight spaces. The 6-way variable speed is nice. Can be used in more scenarios than the standard leaf blower.

BobbyG
01-09-2011, 02:43 PM
I bought a Troy-Bilt leaf blower from Lowe's two years ago. This blower provides a tremendous volume of concentrated clean air forcing any droplets of water quickly and easily from any painted surface.

Small, light weight, and variable speed control makes this blower a winner!

I very rarely use a drying towel other than small spots I might have missed.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Detailing/Blower.jpg

VISITOR
01-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Walmart.com: Weed Eater WEB150 Electric Blower: Lawn & Garden Care (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Weed-Eater-WEB150-Electric-Blower/4910793)

kronos
01-09-2011, 02:57 PM
I have a more powerful leaf blower which cost less money, but the CG is lightweight and compact and is easier to get into those tight spaces. The 6-way variable speed is nice. Can be used in more scenarios than the standard leaf blower.

That's what happens when I judge a book by its cover. I can see how the 6-speed control and half the weight of the lowes blower I mentioned, would make it more versatile and comfortable. 5.5 lbs. is the weight of my old PC and that never tired my arms no matter how many hours I used it, so the extra weight of the lowes blower becomes a non-factor for me.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Detailing/Blower.jpg

What model # is that one?

CleanGene
01-09-2011, 03:11 PM
One other thing, the CG can be used as a vacuum as well. I've never used it for this purpose, but the option is there.

LuxuryMobile
01-09-2011, 03:18 PM
The CG seems way over priced. Even with all the "selling points"

CleanGene
01-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Got mine on sale during the holidays. $30 :dblthumb2:

VISITOR
01-09-2011, 03:58 PM
The CG seems way over priced. Even with all the "selling points"

i'm sure if one was to do a search on the net, you can find one that is similiar for probably around 1/2 the price...

LuxuryMobile
01-09-2011, 04:44 PM
i'm sure if one was to do a search on the net, you can find one that is similiar for probably around 1/2 the price...

Agreed

Old Tiger
01-09-2011, 04:51 PM
I've got one and it's a great little machine. Lightweight and really blows! The snout has a tendency to fall off from time to time, so you may have to get creative and find a better way to secure it.
Cinch it down with a tie wrap, clip the excess and file the rough edges with an emory board. Problem solved for good! I have the original version and I forget to use it.

CleanGene
01-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Cinch it down with a tie wrap, clip the excess and file the rough edges with an emory board. Problem solved for good! I have the original version and I forget to use it.

Sounds like a good tip. Will give it a shot. Thanks