PDA

View Full Version : Floor protection

Finemess
01-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Full time guys, do you use floor protection after you hot water clean a carpet? Like the dealer puts that slice of paper mat on the floor. This might be a good ad tool for you. I've seen some use the clear sticky stuff.

slickooz
01-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Yeah I seen these at a detailing shop near by. I think it was 500 for 20 bucks. The customer would appreciate the extra care you put into it.

Flash Gordon
01-08-2011, 09:16 AM
I got hooked into buying a bundle of these years ago. I didn't care for um and quicly quit using them. They would get wet if you'd shampooed the carpets and leave a mess behind.

I rememer this one day I had a stack of um sitting by the garage door. I went to deliever a car and when I returned I saw them up and down my street. A gust of wind came in and blew them all up and down my block.....it was unbelievable.....they flew in every direction....they were stuck in bushes, gutters, under ppls cars, on there porches.... this was the day they got deposited in round file cabinet

My advice is to throw a used t-shirt (no lint) on the floorboard upon delievery. At that point its up to the customer not to make a mess

Finemess
01-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Flash, I bet you had your fill after having to hunt them down. LOL Good insight, thanks.

Setec Astronomy
01-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Full time guys, do you use floor protection after you hot water clean a carpet? Like the dealer puts that slice of paper mat on the floor. This might be a good ad tool for you. I've seen some use the clear sticky stuff.

Just make sure the carpet is dry before you start putting mats (especially plastic) on top of it...don't want the customer coming back later complaining of mildew.

Finemess
01-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Just make sure the carpet is dry before you start putting mats (especially plastic) on top of it...don't want the customer coming back later complaining of mildew.
Good call,thanks