PDA

View Full Version : Mobile van lettering!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Kristopher1129
01-07-2011, 08:55 PM
I started adding the vinyl lettering to my mobile van today. I only did the hood so far. But, the layout will be the same on both the sides...just different sizes. What do you guys think?

Also, the drivers side vinyl is HUGE. It's probably almost 6' in length. Any tips on how to manage installing that without an error would be much appreciated. I already have a game plan to put it on...but, tips and tricks are always nice :xyxthumbs:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/165551_190225994324932_100000125971051_747581_1952 064_n.jpg

ExoticAutoDetai
01-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Nice!!! How much it cost you?

Exotic Auto Detail via tapatalk

Kristopher1129
01-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Nice!!! How much it cost you?

Well, I spent almost $300 to get all the vinyl printed up. But, I have to buy more. Because, the vinyl in the picture is on the hood, and it wasn't supposed to be, ha. That was actually meant for the passenger side cargo, but it was a little too big. Apparently...it looked awesome on the hood! I'm actually glad that happened cause I really like it there.

So, I ordered more vinyl for the passenger side...costed me an extra hundred. So, basically around $400 to do the whole van. I installed it myself, so I didn't think that was too bad. Plus I got to design it on speedysigns.com and make it look exactly how I wanted instead of taking a risk with someone else. :dblthumb2:

slickooz
01-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Looks good!

ExoticAutoDetai
01-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Well, I spent almost $300 to get all the vinyl printed up. But, I have to buy more. Because, the vinyl in the picture is on the hood, and it wasn't supposed to be, ha. That was actually meant for the passenger side cargo, but it was a little too big. Apparently...it looked awesome on the hood! I'm actually glad that happened cause I really like it there.

So, I ordered more vinyl for the passenger side...costed me an extra hundred. So, basically around $400 to do the whole van. I installed it myself, so I didn't think that was too bad. Plus I got to design it on speedysigns.com and make it look exactly how I wanted instead of taking a risk with someone else. :dblthumb2:
It does look good on the hood. I want my astro already :(. On Sunday I am going to go see it with a buddy of mine he is a good mechanic to see Wats wrong with it. Then it would be a project if is worth fixing it. :)

Porsche Pilot
01-07-2011, 09:31 PM
I just redesigned our sheriff's office vehicle graphics and we bought the vinyl printer. There is definitely a learning curve to installing the vinyl...especially the larger ones. If you can wait till Monday, would you like me to call ya and give some tips?

Kristopher1129
01-07-2011, 09:35 PM
I just redesigned our sheriff's office vehicle graphics and we bought the vinyl printer. There is definitely a learning curve to installing the vinyl...especially the larger ones. If you can wait till Monday, would you like me to call ya and give some tips?

That would be amazing man. I really don't wanna screw it up. I have to wait till monday though anyways. Cause I'm gonna be in New York all weekend. I'm no professional at it, and would MUCH appreciate some advice from someone in the field. If you could do that, I'll give you six thumbs right now, ha. :dblthumb2::dblthumb2::dblthumb2:

Black Car
01-07-2011, 09:40 PM
no tips but it looks tight so far

Porsche Pilot
01-07-2011, 09:40 PM
It is no trouble at all. I definitely learned as I went. Is the number on your hood good? If a certain time is better to call just let me know...if not my coffee kicks in around 10:00 a.m. and I am the most lucid then.

Kristopher1129
01-07-2011, 09:41 PM
It does look good on the hood. I want my astro already :(. On Sunday I am going to go see it with a buddy of mine he is a good mechanic to see Wats wrong with it. Then it would be a project if is worth fixing it. :)

Well, I'll tell you what...this van was no diamond when I got it, ha. It was well worth the project. It all depends what you paid for it I guess. Get that Astro! Little FYI, I have a set of chrome wheel skins, and center caps that would probably fit your van. I was gonna use them on mine, but I have a different rim and they don't fit. They're going up on ebay, unless someone is interested....

James K
01-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Looks good man!

Kristopher1129
01-07-2011, 10:21 PM
It is no trouble at all. I definitely learned as I went. Is the number on your hood good? If a certain time is better to call just let me know...if not my coffee kicks in around 10:00 a.m. and I am the most lucid then.

Yeah that number is good. Unless I go out of business by monday, ha. But yeah, I've got a vehicle scheduled...so I'll be there till at least 3 or so. If I don't answer just leave a message and I will get back real quick. Sometimes I'm in the middle of something. It's hard to play secretary, laborer, and manage myself, lol. I appreciate the help!

ExoticAutoDetai
01-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Well, I'll tell you what...this van was no diamond when I got it, ha. It was well worth the project. It all depends what you paid for it I guess. Get that Astro! Little FYI, I have a set of chrome wheel skins, and center caps that would probably fit your van. I was gonna use them on mine, but I have a different rim and they don't fit. They're going up on ebay, unless someone is interested....

I am buying from my father :D He wants $600 for it. lol :dblthumb2: Well it has around 200K miles he use to drive it as a cab car he bought a sienna now. Is a 2002 Chevy Astro. Can i see a pictures of those rims and hub caps? How much you want for them?

Kristopher1129
01-08-2011, 04:55 AM
$600 definitely works, ha. Here's the hubs. I need $100 for them. I've also got the lug nut covers that hold the center cap on.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jimmyjam
01-08-2011, 05:24 AM

:dblthumb2: