PDA

View Full Version : Best way to repair road rash on bumpers

ST31MY
01-07-2011, 04:43 PM
I have a 2003 Shinsen Miata and the paint is in pretty good shape. But i am looking for the best way to repair the road rash (chips) that you seem to get on your front bumpers.

I was told that a product called Dr Colorchip was very good but really do not know much about it.

Open to any suggestions i can DIY without it costing a fortune.

serenity
01-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Dr Colorchip for sure. There are a lot of reviews about it.. check them out

zliegen
01-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Miata owner here too. :welcome: to Autogeek!

Eventually I'm just going to replace my front bumper and front lip as mine are way too chipped up to fix I think. If yours isn't that bad though, Dr. Colorchip seems to be working great for a lot of people!

LuxuryMobile
01-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Another vote for colorchip. A recent write up on a Trailblazer SS sold me.

Maybe get it repainted if you think its worth it. Just remember its going to happen again. Cars are meant to be driven, and Miata's are so low to the ground.

dad07
01-07-2011, 05:15 PM
:welcome:to AGO!!! I haven't used Dr Colorchip but there are a few good threads about it here!

FUNX650
01-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Another vote for colorchip. A recent write up on a Trailblazer SS sold me.

Maybe get it repainted if you think its worth it. Just remember its going to happen again. Cars are meant to be driven, and Miata's are so low to the ground.

:iagree: If you do either a chip repair/ repaint you might want to look into putting a 'clear bra' on the front clip--I've got them on all of my vehicles so they can be driven with less fear of chips. IMO it helps the resale value.

Crazy Amos
01-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Dr. Colorchip

ST31MY
01-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Thanks everyone, I may give it a try this spring

mg6045
01-08-2011, 01:18 PM
:iagree: If you do either a chip repair/ repaint you might want to look into putting a 'clear bra' on the front clip--I've got them on all of my vehicles so they can be driven with less fear of chips. IMO it helps the resale value.

great advice. I was about to type the same response after I read the OP.