PDA

View Full Version : Lexus detailing??

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

slickooz
01-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Hi everyone!!!!!!

I was just out driving around looking if they had job opening for detailing. I stopped by Acura and they were on lunch break.

Then I went to Honda and we had a good talk but he told me there might be a spot open at this other place. And this guy who ran the honda place gave me his brother number. His brother runs the open road detailing business.

Then I stopped by BMW they said they don't have contact # for detailing.

Then stopped by Lexus. I and talked to someone named Wayne who took care of hiring. I got to talk to a few people and showed them my acura. I think they were pleased how I took care of my car.

I applied and they took my SS and License and they said they going call me in a week.

My parents keeps bugging me to find a stable job first and do detailing as a side gig. I now realize thats what I got to do. Work and get more experience and go on from there!

You guys have been GREAT!!!! :dblthumb2:
I learned so much and this site has giving me the opportunity to find a job I would like do to until I'm too weak too lift up a DA.

dad07
01-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Good luck with it!

fieldysnutz
01-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Good luck man, wish I could find a nice detailing gig like that.

slickooz
01-07-2011, 03:14 PM
yo just go out and ask around. You got nothing to lose. I just went to a few places and some places were more interested in me then other. I just hope I get the job and if I do I can help and maybe show them our technique lol.

Setec Astronomy
01-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Great! Just don't get your expectations too high working for a dealer. Almost all of them think things like cleaning your buffing pad or using clean towels is a waste of time.

slickooz
01-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Yeah well I'm jobless right now, and really need to start working again to save some money. Maybe I can change their mind about their detailing and improve the way they run things.

Flash Gordon
01-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Best place in the world to gain hands on expierence in dealing with all aspects of auto detailing

Your going to hate it in 2 weeks though

Good Luck Slick :)

slickooz
01-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Best place in the world to gain hands on expierence in dealing with all aspects of auto detailing

Your going to hate it in 2 weeks though

Good Luck Slick :)

Hate? Why would you say that? lol

I want to learn everything there is to know, going try to open a one of my own shop one day.

dad07
01-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Working for a dealership is much diffrent than doing the you have doing,faster pace,just make it look good attitude,and supplied chemicals are sub-par from you are using! As the saying goes Been there Done That! Don'tget mee wrong you gain some great experiance,just keep an open mind do whats asked of you and apply your new gained experiance to own detailing!

Good luck with the new job Bud,I feel sure you'll like it!!!

Flash Gordon
01-07-2011, 05:00 PM
yo just go out and ask around. You got nothing to lose. I just went to a few places and some places were more interested in me then other. I just hope I get the job and if I do maybe show them are technique

They won't wanna hear it. Its all about volume at dealerships. Customer brings car in for 60k + detail. They wanna ready by noon

Yeah well I'm jobless right now, and really need to start working again to save some money. Maybe I can change there mind about detailing and improve the way they run things.

Best thing to do if you go to work there is to lay low. These hack dealers get upset when someone comes in wanting to rock there boat.

I'm not saying don't take the job, but you will have to conform to there system

Hate? Why would you say that? lol

Read above post :props:

slickooz
01-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Thanks guys. I was thinking Lexus might be different, more high end. They told me sometimes they get real high end cars and need to be taken cared for.

I hope its not all true that all these places are hack detailers, and want things done asap.

dad07
01-07-2011, 05:04 PM
:iagree: Flash makes a good point!

slickooz
01-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Thanks guys for input. Since I not working now I don't really have a choice. I rather be working on cars then looking for a retail job.

If I have to conform and follow their rules then so be it. I will still do side work for friends. I have a friend that has an S2K I'm going be working on next week. So I will have write up and pics.

LuxuryMobile
01-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Flash is right.

And Lexus can be thrown in the mix will all other places. Even most $100,000 + vehicles get treated like trash at dealerships.

But if you need work, use them as a stepping stone and maybe build your resume.

slickooz
01-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Thanks blackz,

Yeah I just want to have something on my resume beside being an autogeek. Going give it a try and see how it goes. Going also see what Honda has to offer.