PDA

View Full Version : Black Diamond Tire Gel

mg6045
01-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Is this product just for tires ? I see that the product is a clear gel. Can it be used on trim and plastic like the DP Tire Gel (which is white in color, similar to Opti-bond).

Just curious ?

I have both DP and WG tire gel on hand.

Jeff120
01-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Probably, but if its anything like DP it will run on trim.

zliegen
01-06-2011, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't bother putting anything on trim that will run off in the rain, which basically means anything except UTTG (Ultima Trim/Tire Guard). They end up just making a mess on the paintwork. I'm assuming there must be other trim "sealants" that work like UTTG but I don't know of any myself.

mg6045
01-06-2011, 07:17 PM
oh wow, ok, so these 2 products in question are not at all water resistant ?

thx for the advice. appreciate it. I will stick to what I have been using for trim, which is water resistant. (1z vinyl rubber care).

I also plan to buy some Ultima trim gaurd once the weather breaks anyway.

thx again.

Jeff120
01-06-2011, 07:51 PM
The DP product is nice on tires, but I dont like it at all on the trim. Runs like crazy! Tires soak it up nice and I dont get any sling and it last for about 2 weeks on a DD.

Bunky
01-06-2011, 07:54 PM
I have used PB's BnB on plastic trim. It worked ok.

I think application technique (work it in by applying sparingly with an applicator, then buff off when dry) reduces running when wet. This applies to various trim products.

BobbyG
01-07-2011, 07:37 AM
I have used PB's BnB on plastic trim. It worked ok.

I think application technique (work it in by applying sparingly with an applicator, then buff off when dry) reduces running when wet. This applies to various trim products.

Good point Al!

I've found that many of these products are over applied and soften when they get wet. For some reason our mindset "if a little is good then more is better" is alive and well with most detailing products and more often than not get us into trouble.

Applying these products then wiping or buffing any residue is key to them not making a mess when they get wet.

alko
07-16-2011, 11:05 AM
I got a sample of this stuff and its more of a cream color. Is this normal? I want to make sure that this bottle wasn't mismarked.

Nick McKees37
07-16-2011, 11:12 AM
I got a sample of this stuff and its more of a cream color. Is this normal? I want to make sure that this bottle wasn't mismarked.

That's normal. Shake it well.

I prefer to use a tire dressing for my tires and a trim protectant for my trim. :props:

Take a look at Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant or Ultima Tire & Trim Guard. Both are outstanding products that will effectively restore and protect all exterior trim.

alko
07-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Ok cool...I only asked cause I'm used to clear or darker colored tire gels. Thanks Nick!