PDA

View Full Version : honda trim trouble

insight2010
01-04-2011, 08:14 PM
i drive a 2010 honda insight hybrid and was wondering if anyone knows what trim restorer would work the best? ive tried the dp, poorboys, and despritaly tried aerospace on it.

so far all of the products build up and refuse to dry in. unfortunatly it leaves the trim looking faded after the products wash off. my major concern would be a complete fade in the the trim.

any hints on what to use? or why the trim refuses to take products?

thanks.

05xrunner
01-04-2011, 08:23 PM
what about Ultima Tire and Trim Guard

Flash Gordon
01-04-2011, 09:00 PM
2010 Honda = Warranty :props:

Shane731
01-04-2011, 09:09 PM
what about Ultima Tire and Trim Guard

:iagree: I have it on the windshield cowl of our 2000 Honda Odyssey. It's garaged all the time, but it's recently been on a couple of trips to Franklin, TN (~200 miles from Powell to Franklin one way, so around 800 miles between the two trips) - it hit some yucky weather both times, including rain, sleet, snow, and salt, and it still looks like I just applied it. I washed the van the other day and the treated cowl was beading like a champ. Highly recommend this product. :dblthumb2:

Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus, tire & trim protectant, tire dressing, rubber protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-tire-trim-guard.html)

Crazy Amos
01-04-2011, 10:19 PM
I am not familiar with the type of trim that is on the insight. There are a couple different types of plastics and vinyls that are on the exteriors these days. Since you have tried the first choices with no luck, can you take a pic of it and post it so I can give an educated recommendation?

slickooz
01-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Yeah your car is pretty brand new. Why is the trim faded already?

gary748s
01-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Black Wow and Ultima Trim & Tire get my vote!

Dubbin1
01-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Ultima Tire & Trim Guard now you can stop looking.

akimel
01-04-2011, 11:59 PM
Yep. Ultima Tire and Trim Guard+. That's the ticket. Just be sure to clean the trim well, perhaps with APC, before you apply it. You want to remove all the other trim products you have used.

I use the Ultima on both my Honda S2K and our Honda CR-V. During the non-winter months, though, I use the Ultima Paint Guard+ on the entire CR-V (paint, cladding, plastic and metal trim) and re-apply every two months, with the exception of the windshield cowl, which I dress with the UTTGP.