PDA

View Full Version : New Member In Need Of Detail Advice

RaznStatic
01-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Hello, everyone. I just purchased my first batch of detailing products and wanted advice before I do my first full detailing job on my 2003 Chevy s10 medium red metallic truck. Heres what I currently bought here from AutoGeek:

Porter Cable 7424XP
Lake Country 5.5" ccs smart pads orange, white, and blue.
D.A. Hook & Loop Flexible 5" Backing Plate
Menzerna Super Intensive Polish PO83
Menzerna PO106FA Nano Polish
Klasse AIO
Klasse Sealant Glaze
Mothers clay kit
Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash

I also had purchased dr. colorchip to fix the nicks on my truck. Now the questions I had were:

1. Should I first use dr. colorchip to fix the nicks before doing a full detail on my truck or afterwards?

2. Is this the correct order of polishes I should use:

Menzerna Super Intensive Polish with orange pad
Menzerna PO106FA Nano Polish with white pad
Klasse AIO with blue pad
Klasse Sealant Glaze

3. With medium red metallic paint would I get a better finish topping the klasse glaze with P21S wax?

Thanks.

SeaJay's
01-04-2011, 05:28 PM
In regards to the Dr Chip, I'm not sure if you do that before or after. I would think maybe before in order to blend everything together really well, but I don't have any experience with it.

Looks like your order of polishes is correct. You can reference Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart (http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-cut-chart-master.htm) which will tell you the aggressiveness of each polish.

I would say to go with the P21S as a topper. Since the Klasse AIO is a sealant as well. But you could always experiment and a test spot of P21S and then a test spot of Klasse Sealant Glaze and see which you like better.

FYI - I have an 06 Chevy Avalanche and my paint was extremely hard! So, not sure if yours will be as well but just a fair warning. You may find that the Orange pad and PO83 just aren't enough to get it perfect. I ended up using the yellow CCS flat pad and M105 to get it just about perfect.

James K
01-04-2011, 05:39 PM
I would do any touch ups before you detail so you will not have to remove the wax and sealant you just put on to apply the touchup.

Also allow proper curing time before doing any paint correction.

RaznStatic
01-04-2011, 05:49 PM
I would do any touch ups before you detail so you will not have to remove the wax and sealant you just put on to apply the touchup.

Also allow proper curing time before doing any paint correction.

How long would curing time be for touch up paint?

James K
01-04-2011, 05:57 PM
According to their website, full cure is a week. I would give it at least that.

RaznStatic
01-04-2011, 05:58 PM
According to their website, full cure is a week. I would give it at least that.

That's good. I was hoping it wasn't a month as I am really looking forward to using my porter cable.

RaznStatic
01-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Another question I have is does Klasse sealant glaze hinder any wax being put on top of it from being able to bring out the full potential of your paint?

James K
01-05-2011, 08:08 AM
Klasse is a very high quality product, that unfortunately I have never used. :(

However, I would have to say that no, it will not hinder it in any way. If anything it will help bring achieve a better finish. It is actually made to be used as an LSP.

Mazda.Mark
01-05-2011, 08:16 AM
2003 S10 owner myself!:xyxthumbs:

Your list looks pretty good. Would agree the paint is somewhat stubborn so do not go thin on your section passes.

May think of using IPA or paint cleaner to see how well the defects come out of the paint. Just my .02.

:welcome: